Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Looks like my order for the Alabama jumpers (gracilis species) got knocked off the list due to high demands, and not enough supply. So desperately looking for jumpers to breed with my orange-saddle worms to experiment with the cross influence of coelumic fluid between the species, and increase the potency of the scent.

Allen, David, you two know what I'm talking about. Want to help me in harvesting for the experimentation on your down time? I will compensate you.

I'm reaching my end, and attempting to contact the Sopchoppy bait sellers to obtain their worms (Diplocardia mississippiensis) harvested from the Apalachicola National Forest for experimentation. Same size, dimension, and hardiness, but different species from subtropic region for experimentation.

Arrggg..worms..worms..looking for worms..

Views: 778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are FOUR movies in the series?

Yep. Saw them all. The last one is the evolved ones (flying and running). Funny..quite funny. Oh, not to mention ability to see infrared.

First one is the classic.  Second, down to Mexico, where they evolve into the running/heat-seeing version.  Third movie is the second evolution, into the "flying" version.  This is also the "breeding" stage, if I remember right. Fourth movie details how the town of Perfection was founded, and back to the original Graboids.

Yep, you're right Allen. Had too look back on the Netflix movies.

I have used jumpers,but I am not familiar with orange saddle worms. What do they look like? I have jumpers in the woods behind our house, but with the weather getting in the 30's the next few nights, they will be hard to find. 

This is the closest to the one I have:

Mine is a darker orange color, yet, very very orange saddle. The scent from the coelomic fluid is horrible after handling them, which is a fantastic thing for fishing.

The jumpers will be digging deep into the ground, about 4 to 5 feet, and much deeper if ice is forming, with any temp dropping down to 50.

Thanks for the pic of the orange saddle worms, Leo. I am going to do some more research on them . 

Cool post Leo!

orange-saddle worms- Leo not familiar with this one. We do have some orangish and greenish worms around here I assumed were just regular earth worms and thought there diet made them the strang colors but not that I think about it I catch regular color earh worms right next to them but the colored spiecies are very slow and easy to catch.

Orange saddle worms are Asiatic worms Dick. They got imported over here from asian via the rotten fruits, and the exotic fruit trees. They love to burrow near the roots of the trees, due to high fertile soils, and roughly 60% clay content. My friend, who loves to raise exotic Asian plants, discovered them in his soil, used them for fishing, and was extremely successful with them, although they're the same size as the red wigglers. In the dark, they have a very interesting yellow-orange hue glow to them. He wondered why these orange saddle outfish the common red wigglers, and on par, if not better, than the crawlers. I've done the experiment, and discovered from the handling that the coelomic fluid released from them was far, far, far more potent smell than the worms I've raised. After crossing them with the red wigglers for 6 months, they've transferred the bacteria that influence the fluid's potency to red wigglers. I hope to do the same to the jumpers to get two advantage in the water: strong scent, and violent twerking to mesmerize the fishes.

Very interesting Leo. What ever happened to the day when a worm was a worm. We keep learning all the time I'd have never thought one worm would be better than another other than the size issue.

Leo, I'll be your first customer!
And I think you've hit on a business name: "Twerking Worms."
Your slogan - "They wriggle more than Miley Cyrus."

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service