Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Rating:
  • Currently 5/5 stars.

Views: 127

You need to be a member of Bluegill - Big Bluegill to add comments!

Join Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Comment by David, aka, "McScruff" on April 26, 2013 at 3:11am
I just get the crappie sliders, the 2 inch I believe, and cut them down when I need smaller.
Comment by Nolan Minor on April 25, 2013 at 9:36pm

My bad, they are 1.5"

Comment by Nolan Minor on April 25, 2013 at 9:31pm

Although my #1 favorite panfish-catcher would be a 2" charlie brewer slider grub, junebug with a chartreuse tail. 1/32 or 1/16oz head depending on conditions...sometimes you have to fish 1/8 but that is rare. If anyone has never used them, get a pack of them!

Comment by David, aka, "McScruff" on April 25, 2013 at 7:02pm
Dang, you guys are making me want to try Gulp again.
I've never hit a lick with them, but I like the idea of float and fly.....
Comment by Jeffrey D. Abney on April 25, 2013 at 6:37pm

I agree totally.....I just paid almost $7.00 for a jar of the Gulp Alive Crickets.....first time I had saw them in person and I want to try them.....they are flat not round like a live cricket......we'll see.....I have not founf a gulp product that is durable so as you suggested Nolan they work but you can run through a lot quickly as the fish tear them up....

Comment by Nolan Minor on April 25, 2013 at 6:32pm

That would be a 1" berkley gulp minnow, I use the white Luma Glow ones because in deep water or in the evenings, they can spot it very well. I rig them through the nose like you would with a live minnow, on a #8 aberdeen hook, then put them under the smallest float I can get away with, and fish like you would for bass with a float n' fly rig. They work well on jigheads too! If the gulp minnows weren't so expensive (6 bucks for a jar), I would use them more often, because they catch bluegill, crappie, bass, trout, and any other fish you could think of!

Comment by dick tabbert on April 25, 2013 at 12:54pm

Nice one Nolan, great brilliant colors. Whats that he's got hanging out of his lips?

Comment by Leo Nguyen on April 25, 2013 at 10:09am

Gorgeous.

Comment by LedHed on April 24, 2013 at 6:14pm

WOW extraordinary BG colors - excellent catch

Comment by Tony Livingston on April 24, 2013 at 6:10pm

Stunning plumage!

Latest Activity

Tim Overbaugh commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, this is a true giant of the freshwater sunfish world. It…"
Nov 28
jim cosgrove commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"Awesome job Tim,I remember that catch.I got one closed to 2 and was just shocked when i got it…"
Nov 27
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group East coast Ice fisherman
"No Bruce , thinking way ahead to January. Earliest I've ever ice fished is…"
Nov 25
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's group East coast Ice fisherman
"Do you have ice in your area?"
Nov 25
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's group The Big and Ugly
"While Crappie Fishing the good sized Bullheads showed up or a Double hookup…"
Nov 25
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group East coast Ice fisherman
"Anyone here using Schooley Reels and Rods . I want to try this if I can find my old cheap Eagle…"
Nov 25
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo

electiondcr16115

"Thank you Troy ! Happy Fishing!"
Nov 25
Troy Dorman commented on John Sheehan's photo

electiondcr16115

"That's a dandy!"
Nov 24
Troy Dorman commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"What a fish!! Your work is superior!!!"
Nov 24
John Sheehan commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"Very Artistic! Amazing Fish!"
Nov 22
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"This is an incredible fish and nobody can create a masterpiece like Tim can……He…"
Nov 22
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Tim Overbaugh's photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

"What a beautiful mount and fish. You both did a good job."
Nov 22
Tim Overbaugh posted a photo

World Record Redear Sunfish 2021

I had the great privilege of molding Tom Farchione's catch of a lifetime. This is the cast replica…
Nov 22
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo

Sunset at our Favorite Haunt on the Outer Banks….11/11/2022

"Thanks Bruce……we love it…we go more often off peak…….get the…"
Nov 21

Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo

election greg3

"Nice crappie Greg…"
Nov 19
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo

electiondcr16115

"Pretty SLAB crappie John!"
Nov 19