Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Well after yesterdays mishaps today went a little smoother. Didn't break near as much thread my worst experience was I pushed the bodkin halfway through my thumb got blood everywhere but after looking at the pictures I didn't see any so I assume it blended in quit well. I started last night but after getting thoroughly disgusted after breaking the thread about four times I put it all up. Today I did figure out the bobbin where new and I had to open then up. That took care of 75% of the breakage. Jen helped with the superglue and it worked great now the bodies don't tend to pull to the side when cinching them down. Greg suggested a different thread which I think I will have to order I didn't see it at Jann's.

Views: 981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Tooty. I may make an attempt at it when I get back from vacation. We'll talk about it then. I appreciate all the help and I think with all the help everybody is giving me I am making progress. Again thanks you and everybody who took time out from there schedules and helped me out it is greatly appreciated.

That is an excellent job Dick! Very nice layout of everything! You will land quite a few gill with those arsenal.

Really nice flies! Let us know if the dried blood helps as a fish attractant ;-)

If you're breaking thread a lot, take a look at your bobbin; it may have a rough spot.

Update: This is everything that I have tied to date so I will have some stuff for vacation. The spiders topwater, the but spiders a slow sinking spider the stay head up and I don't know what the last batch is they were made from a mistake.

Dick, They look GREAT!! I'll bet the ones made by mistake catch just as many fish as the others!

Dick, Where are you headed for vacation????  You should do WELL with this batch of flies!!!!

Batch #2, look like the BULLY BLUEGILL Spider by Terry Wilson!!!!! He tied that to imitate a cricket sinking in the water!!!!! He told me he spent hours on the fly and dropping it into a swimming pool til he got it to sink at the same speed a cricket would sink!!!!! Also butt first, YOU nailed on you first try!!!!!!   As far as you Mistake as you put it they look GREAT!!!!!!

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!!

Will do Greg I'll get all the pictures I can I got to admit I'm a little excited for Linda myself. She was braggin to the boy's she was going fishing with her new electric reel and thank you kind sir for helping to make it all possible. I'll hopefully have some good pictures and maybe a short movie of her if she lets me. Greg you take care kind sir and GOOD FISHIN..

your a lucky guy or rather jann's is that you live that close.have a great trip dick

Jim I don't know if it's lucky or a curse seems like I should own that place by now especially now in this last week. Thank you Jim I'm sure it will be enjoyable we'll have all the grandkids with us also.

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted a photo
3 hours ago
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
11 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
Thursday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Wednesday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
Wednesday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
Wednesday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."