Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

does anyone have a how to, on making ice jigs or pin minnows, they could share?

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This would be an interesting subject o monitor. Bass chasers use ice jigs quite a bit for deep water during winter on stacked fish. I have 4 from Northland. Very effective during days that are cold before the winter hits, when the fish are slightly finicky..

Of course, I don't have the human power to row all over the lake to chase after stacked fish. I can strap on the 55lbs thrust motor, but my battery would be dead in 2.5 to 3 hours.

you can buy pieces parts for making your own at net craft . its is a little tedious if you have big honky fingers like mine but ido get some made . its always fun to catch fish on your own baits

Thanks Ron, I have big hands, I wear size 16 ring. I will checkout net craft

Ive seen tutorials on YouTube and the internet, so they exist.  A little research would surely lead the way.

I use gold hooks - solder does not adhere to bronze hooks.  I found a tiny set of knock-off Vice-Grips at a craft shop that I use to hold the hook in place on the jig "spoon" while I apply a drop of solder.

Use a small diameter "flux-core" solder sold for use in electrical circuit-board type soldering.  The net craft folks sell an excellent solder that must have some silver in the mixture because it stays shiney.   I use their solder as well as the stuff I buy at the local hardware store.  If you are painting the jig, you don't need to worry about a dull solder surface on your finished jigs.

Try searching for micro jigs for some ideas.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan replied to Leo Nguyen's discussion Be careful with your smart mobile devices in the group Tech Support for BBG
"Great advice Leo."
7 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

1#14oz.Crappie

"Leo 15.5" and a bit over 2# I think. but that's just mine and brother  Greg's…"
8 hours ago
Julie Schroeder left a comment for dick tabbert
"Thanks Dick!"
22 hours ago
Lester Rhoads left a comment for Larry Rhoads
"Thank you!  Fish On!  Tight Lines!"
yesterday
dick tabbert replied to Bill Evans's discussion Catching large bluegills
"Bill let me see if I can get you started. It's been a while for me but let's give it a…"
yesterday
Bill Evans posted a discussion

Catching large bluegills

How do you do it?What are your methods to catch the really big ones?I cannot figure out how to post…See More
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Gman
"Welcome Gman to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for mario barker
"Welcome Mario to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for JorgeJohnston
"Welcome Jorge to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Andy Leed
"Welcome Andy to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Jessie Riddle Gray
"Welcome Jessie to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Scott McCulley
"Welcome Scott to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Charles Witt
"Welcome charles to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Charles Smith
"Welcome Charles to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Daniel Jones
"Welcome Daniel to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for john madsen
"Welcome John to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for G Arroyo
"Welcome G Arroyo to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Nick Rode
"Welcome Nick to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for danny roberts
"Welcome Danny to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday
dick tabbert left a comment for Danny Register
"Welcome Danny to Big Bluegill. I am also a member of Big Bluegill wanting to welcome you and to…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service