Do you love big bluegill?
Per agreement, Bruce initiated a challenge between BBG members for a healthy 2014 smack down of sort. The winner will take the glory, and gloat for the remaining period period until the next smack down. For those who are on Facebook, you noticed Bruce and my posting daily to show how serious we are with promoting good health for 2014. We hope that it will inspire and encourage those who we care about to thrive for self-improvement, and live a strong and healthy living.
One week of dietary restriction (01/20/2014, 00:00hr to 01/27/2014, 23:59hrs), in inducing full body functionality resets. By doing so, the body gets a chance to equalize itself in hormonal balance, purging toxins, and increase vitality. In a true reset, it requires 1 full month or more, based on your body dynamics. This is merely a staring point, in allowing everyone around us to join the smack down. My wife and a few friends did.
1. No wheat flour of any kind in any product you're eating.
2. No refined sugar of any kind, including artificial sweetener. The exception is limited honey, agave, and molasses.
3. Minimum of 3 servings of veggies a day. No exception. No make-up on the next day.
4. No coffee!! Tea (herbal or not) is allowable. Drink as much as you can. Premium black tea is the recommended. However, no sugar or milk of any kind is to be added to the tea.
5. No food/beverage (beside water) consumption of any kind after 9PM each day.
6. Any food consumption between 7PM to 8:59PM must be accommodated by 1 hour of light exercise.
7. It's purely self regulating. Any cheating or failure to uphold the 6 above requires you to extend one more week of the challenge.
8. To weigh yourself properly, make sure to drink at least 6oz of water before bed time. Recommended is 16oz. Before measurement, purge yourself of urine and excrement. Measure naked before your hygiene regiment.
9. Smack talking is allowable.
I'll have Bruce chime in on his status for the 7 days challenge.
This is mine:
Prior to the challenge (starting since 1/6 to 1/19):
* I lost 5.5lbs of my winter coat (fat) from the holidays' feasts.
* I lost an additional 1.6lbs during the 1 week challenge.
* Gained 0.17" of muscles around my legs, 0.12" around my arms, and 0.15" around my chest.
* Increased of hormonal boost, increasing benching weight from 120lbs to 180lbs with minimal fatigue, and increase of recovery, while still have the stamina to perform 2500 to 3000 reps on the weighed jump ropes.
* No sugar craving.
* Blown back from trying too hard (T12 and L1 vertebrae). Luckily wife knows how to pops the sliding discs back in. Not a pleasurable feeling.
* Lost a total of of 2.4lbs
* Full systematic reset from craving sugar (we have tons of sweets around the house).
* Beat the crap out of me on her regiments as she gained impressive energy loads (at 5AM, she does muay Thai kickboxing, follow-up with weights, then jump ropes, and end the day with more kickboxing and weights).
Wife wants to extend the challenge for the remain duration of the entire month, like Bruce. However, there are people around us who are having a hard time keeping up. So, we'll ease them into it. Overall, Bruce takes the lead, and finished strongly. He wants the full month challenge.
Anyone cares to join us on the next smack down?