Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Just a quick note , the Rendezvous at Kentucky Lake in the Spring it will be at Camden Tn  May  1st,2nd, and 3rd.  We are looking into Lodging now , so if you are interested, contact me and I'll give you the details , what we have at this point, going to be fun , dont miss it.    LOFR

Views: 2408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The readear was caught with a Mepps Ultra-lite spinner from Lake Barkley. The stringer was caught with a black fur ant on a Conservation Department lake near me, called Bismark Lake.

Outstanding.

Great Photo ! Ron ,  I occasionally make a trip up the Black River  till I get to the Spring River and go up it till I get to the Eleven Point River and then up it for a ways. This year we are going up the Black River till we get to the mouth of the Current River and going to see if we can motor up to the State line.   LOFR

just a quick note for the new guys just joining big blue gill site;;  we are having a rendevou;; this May at Camden Tn.  just to meet each other;  fish a little in Kentucky Lake;; have fantastic food -- cooked by no other than;; the Lord of The Fly rods!!  if it sounds like something you might be interested in;; contact Lord of The Fly Rods for details   all members  very welcome to attend!!

ANOTHER REMINDER;;  RENDEVOU THIS COMING MAY!  HOPE TO SEE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE THERE!!

I have some good news for our outing at Ky. Lake. The local tackle shop owner, Russ has fished extensively for Bluegill in the Camden and Eva areas. We are planning a scouting trip a few days before the Rendezvous. He has found beds in that area that produce in the hundreds of fish. He says bring your crickets and be prepared to fish beds in 5 to 7 ft. of water. The TVA raises and lowers the water so frequently the fish don't bed in real shallow water. He drop-shots crickets close to the bottom with a lot of success. I am glad to find someone with knowledge of this area because I have never fished this part of the lake. It makes me look forward to the Rendezvous even more.

Boy can't wait to hear the test results right before the crew gets there Keith . Thanks in advance for your efforts to help us all have a great trip and Rendezvous !!!!!!!! Much appreciated .........

fantastic news there Keith!!  looking real forward to this trip!!  be sure to mark a ( x) on the water so we can find the spot!!

No Carl when you find the honey hole you put an X on the bottom of the boat haven't I taught you anything.

Tried it Dick... can't seem to get it to work two times in a row

sorry Dicky;; guess at my age i just keep forgetting!  lets; see;; put a x; on the bottom of the boat;  line it up  with the ;x; on the water; then you know you;r back at the right spot;;  right???    and the directions; to get to the rendevou in my area;;;  go EAST on I -65;; turn right; at the rock ; that looks like a bear;;  then turn left;; at the bear that looks like a rock;; then just go straight;;  you cant miss it!!!   LOL

Now you got it Carl.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
3 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
yesterday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
yesterday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
yesterday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."