Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Okay BBG members, lets hear what your favorite ultralight setups consist of. Lookin to buy me a new setup and im just curious to see what the best ones i should look into are

Views: 4602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my ul favorites would be a G-loomis 2wt whisper creek with a Ross evolution, sage TXL 000 wt with a Sage 3100, a Thramer bamboo 444 (4'4") 4 wt that's not a misprint ,with a orvis batternkill 1 La made in England, and a tfo ul spinn /fly combo rod with a islander IR2 <((((< Sleepy

I can't decide between my Amago ( 13'6" 6:4  3 1/2 oz ) or my Ayu ( 13'  5:5 action )  Both cost around $160.  Love the 12 foot braided fly line and a 6 foot,  4# test leader.  Reel ? Reel?  You don't need no real with a Tenkara Rod.  LOL

I like the esp ultra light rods from  norsemansoutdoors.com.  They have a graphite handle with alloy disks, which amplify the vibrations of the rod.  They are very sensative, and are around the 60 dollar range.

I like the the okuma ultra light reel.  It cost about 15 dollars.  It has 3 ball bearings so it reels  in smoothly.

Dilly

I also have a ESP rod from Norsemen Outdoors, and love it. It is 5'6" and I am fishing a Pfluger Presdient reel on it. 

My Pflueger President and Supreme UL reels are both out performing my slower gear ratio Daiwa Sweepfire .I lose less fish when they take off like a bat outta hell with the lure or bait.The 5.2:1 catches up more quickly to the fish for a hookset .The sweepfire is 30 bucks cheaper ,or something like that and should probably only be used for trolling at this time of year when the pannies are zipping around in high gear!

Might look into one of these if you want the best...

Hi nice looking rod is it a fly or spin rod what is the length and $$ Thanks Sleepy .   Ps did you make this rod

Thanks for the compliment, Mark!  This particular rod is a 5' super-ultralight, lighter than any factory rod that I've found; it's rated for 1-4 lb. test.  The center section of the handle, where the reel will sit, is made of wood, the only rod I've seen like this, to make the rod more sensitive.  I also make longer spinning rods with spinning guides and handles but made on fly rod blanks, for people who fish a lot with live bait.  I'll send you a friend request so I can give you more info on pricing in a PM.

Thanks for the Reply Sleepy

Oooh man i'm excited.

i use to be a fan of the microspin rods from shakespare in a 4'6" top with a trion gx7 by pflueger and loaded with 10lb braid and now i have switched over to the whip'r rod with a fast action tip. i have two at 5' and one at 6'. out standing rods.

I really love my 7ft okuma Celilo light action (i believe it to closer to ul action) Paired with a bps royal express (10 Ball bearings!) Ul spinning reel spooled with 2lb mono dia 10lb spider wire braid. I just caught a 17.2 in white bass with it yesterday while finesse jig fishing for bg and crappie.

Attachments:

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
9 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service