Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Okay Mark, as discussed, here are a few things about your unit, which you want to know, and how to use:

Unit's info: http://www.humminbird.com/Products/598ci-HD-SI-Combo/

Unit's Manual: http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=3101

Unfortunately, not much on the unit's in term of videos. However, I know that unit pretty well, since it's merely an upgrade from mine.

What you're looking for is the Fish ID plus, to switch from arches for sonar return for fishes and structural info, to Fish ID icon and structural info.

If you want to turn the arch info into Fish ID icons, use pages 124 (Fish ID alarm) and 131 (Fish ID +, which needs to be on to have the alarm active) of the PDF manual To do this, do the following after turning the unit on:

1. Press Menu to activate menu screen.

2. Use your left-right arrow keys to select the 2nd tab called SONAR.

3. Use your up-down arrow keys to select Fish ID +. Turn it on.

4. Go back, and turn your Fish ID Sensitivity down a bit to either 5 or 6, to detect even the smallest, ground hugging fish. No more.

5. Use your up-down keys to move back to the tabs above, then left-right keys to move among the tabs. Now move your selection highlight back to #1 tab, which is ALARMS.

6. Use your up-down keys to get to Fish Alarms, and select all fish alarm icons.

Just a warning. Any fish, even at 1" length, will sound off the alarm for the smallest fish indicator. That means if it detects weeds that may appear to be fishes, it will return back a false positive. I normally select between medium and large for my Fish ID alarm. This way, anything above 5 inches and above to return back, with very minimal return of negative results.

Views: 1077

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks very much for the info  Leo

Editing and creating waypoints.

http://youtu.be/R7elqZHVX1M

Just a warning. GPS coordinates, depending on how many satellite you've connected to in the past, may not be as accurate when you're attempting to return to the old spots. Remember, the GPS coordinates, without terra-correction facilities (similar to military DGPS), the error rate is definitely not +/-15 meters. It can be as bad as +/- 500 meters from the real spot you're recording. Take the errors with a grain of salt.

Thanks Dick for the info

Lakemaster charts for humminbird features.

http://youtu.be/QaVqoLeJeeM

Great software to have in charting lake's depths. Wish I have something more in the higher end to support the USGS geotechnical group with lakes' depths info.

Thanks Dick for the info

humminbird switchfire 2D sonar settings.

http://youtu.be/kPXomXW6ioE

Switchfire is an awesome feature that you need to at least understand on how to use. Grey scale max mode is a bit nasty when you're approaching dense vegetation. But deep solid structures, like a boat, or an artificial reef, this option is a valuable asset to detect great details and find approaches in how to attack.

Thanks Leo

thanks Dick for the info

yes I ran into this the other day when they delivered my boiler it was a mile off,. I put my location in gps before and it was at my drive way. this time I did it it was a mile off ,I know this was not on my Humminbird this was on my smart phone but is this what you mean Leo.

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted a photo
3 hours ago
jim cosgrove commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"like minds"
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
12 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks to everyone."
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jim."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"NICE LOOKING BUG DICK........."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"WOW NICE ONES BUDDY......."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"NICE PERCH BUDDY......"
yesterday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"You bet Jim! I thought that was cool too!  "
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Welcome Jim Cosgrove! Hope you enjoy the group !"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Your pond Dick?Nice fish."
yesterday
jim cosgrove joined John Sheehan's group
yesterday
jim cosgrove replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"Thanks for sharing John.Especially how he came up with the name."
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"Beauties Troy!"
Sunday
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz shellcracker

"Great cracker daily double! Congrats Troy….."
Sunday
dick tabbert commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Saturday
Apr 19
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
Apr 19

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service