Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

What state would you choose to fish Bluegill if you could only pick one?

We are fortunate to have members from all over this great nation...One of my favorite things about Bigbluegill.com is the instant connection with the people that love and enjoy the same things that I do when it comes to all things Bluegill from folks all over the country.....Many of us have also had the great experience of fishing several different states whether vacationing, traveling for work or as a result of moving..... If you could pick one state to fish Bluegill, what state would it be and why? Thanks for sharing and I expect this may be a difficult choice for some and very easy for others.....Again, thanks in advance!

Views: 12619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I call that a Win/Win Kirk......Your winter would crush me.....but I'm just the little barefoot kid from down South living next to the Bluegill hole....I like it....this is what I had hoped to read here.....

Easy choice for me living in south Florida and being an Ultra light fly fishing (lighter the better) fan there is no better Bluegill habitat than this area ...no better sport than the initial strike of a bluegill and then the under water fight that takes place ..on a 5'3 TFO UL rod with a one weight line, no greater fun than tying into one of these great panfish ..I fish ponds, lakes and canals down here, during the early spring the action really picks up, but you can catch fish all year long ..that is why, it's all year long, not many areas can make that claim .....tight lines .......

Nice testimony Paul, although Indiana produces gills' all year long for me.........

Tony ....that's right you can ice fish for gills ...I miss that kind of fishing when I lived
In upstate NY ...micro jigs where a fun way of catching good sized Gills ..no disrespect intended my friend Indiana is a great fishing state ....
Paul

No offense taken Paul, I just hate to see folks in the more northerly latitudes give up on gill' fishing when the weather turns colder! I know that Coppernose BG may shut down during the winter,  but I just don't want to believe that all gill fishing comes to a screeching halt...... there must be a way! 

Paul you using a float tube and if so how do you make it Gator proof I think me having to worry about Gators would take the enjoyment out of fishing for me using a float tube.

Dick ..never, never, use float tube with alligators , that's like playing Russian roulette... I fish out of
A kayak, or an 11 foot flat bottom aluminum boat with an electric motor ...even standing on the banks of a pond or lake knowing gators are there makes me a little jittery ..but you get used to knowing there movements are staying clear of them ... Believe it or not they aren't very aggressive animals in wild ..they get too much publicity on the tube ..
Paul

I'm with you I didn't know because for some reason I thought we were talking about float tubes but I can see were on the same track. Good luck with your fishing and hope you catch some quality fish and maybe even take some pictures and share.

Sorry that's not my cup of tea. If I can't enjoy that seems to take a lot of the pleasure out of it but in a boat I can and would do that.

Amen to that mike ...like I said b4 they are pretty passive creatures unless provoked ...when u
Live down here In Florida it becomes second nature dealing with alligators...the don't bother me and I don't bother them...u develop sense of just feeling where they are and how far they ought to be from you ... I just do my thing fishing and let the chips fall where they may .....
Paul
Dick ..the problem isn't the alligators ..the people down here release these exotic pets they don't want
Back in to wilds and they have no natural enemies .... They grow prolifically to tremendous size ..a 10-12 foot Python weighing 150-200 lbs ..that scares the you know what outa me .i hate snakes ....hope I never see one .I take my kayak miles into the swamps fishing, thats perfect habitat for those creatures ....
Paul

I know we hear a lot about them snakes that have been released in Florida and has perfect environment for them. I also hope you don't come across any especially since you don't like snakes to begin with. GOOD FISHIN...

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
yesterday
yesterday
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service