Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Quite a few of our members ask about how to insert photos/videos/links into a comment box, both as attachments, and as inline photo posting. Well, time to create an instructable.

INSERTING PHOTO(s)

To insert photo(s) as an attachment, click on the button CHOOSE FILE below the comment box. Find your file, click to highlight the file you need, and click OK. Your file will be loaded to the slot where you click the CHOOSE FILE button earlier. It will upload when you post your comment.

To insert the photo(s) as an inline photo posting, click on the image icon just above the comment box that appears to be a picture of some type. Once you click on the button, the ADD IMAGE box will appear. Click on CHOOSE FILE button to find your button. Once you've found your photo, click on the photo/file to highlight, then click OK button to preload the file. You will see the file's name inserted next to the CHOOSE FILE button. Now, pay attention to the WIDTH box near the OK button. change that width to about 400. It's the best fitting size for most browsers out there to display. You can go as high as 550, but that's pushing the display of the picture to properly fit in the display box. The default is about 750. But I wouldn't recommend it. Click the OK button, and you'll see your inline photo inserted into the comment box. But, you can also resize the photo the size that you want, by clicking on the photo afterwards. The picture will be highlightly completely in blue. Simply move your mouse cursor to one of the corner, and your cursor will turn into an arrow. Simply click, hold and drag to resize your photo.

Now, inserting the LINK, first, click on the button that has the label LINK. That will initiate the ADD A LINK box.

Type in the link description, and paste in the link to a file, photo, site, etc.. Click OK when you're ready to insert the link into the comment.

To add a video from a remote site, such as Vimeo, YouTube, PhotoBucket, etc., simply click on the icon that looks like a filmstrip. It will open the ADD MEDIA box.

You can then paste the Vimeo, YouTube, PhotoBucket, etc. link into the box. Then click the OK button.

And there you have it. A method to post photo as an attachment, and as an inline image.

Views: 196

Replies to This Discussion

great idea   sharing information like this Leo!  thanks for sharing!!

Glad to be of service Carl.

Except I can't add fotos in a discussion from iPhone.
I can do it separately as a photo submission, but only one - not multi's.

I used to have the same problem with the older OS and browser for the Android. However, once the OS and browser starts supporting java codes a bit more, the toolbar with the icons shows up, allowing me to insert photos as an in line or side attachments. Upgrade your IOS to the latest, and search around for A browser that support Java 6 or higher.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
3 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
yesterday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
yesterday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
yesterday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."