Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I'm trying to get all of my panfish stuff into one tackle box.  Right now I typically use Plano storage containers, but I'm trying to get them all organized into just one box. 

I would like for this box to be able to fit into the middle container of a Jon Boat.  I'm not 100% sure what that size is (and I suppose I'll have to measure when I get home).  Any ideas?

Views: 704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris I changed over to the soft sided tackle boxes. The downside is you have to open everything up to get what you want so I take out the tray I'm working out of then put it up when my day of fishing is over. I was surprised how much stuff you can get in one of these. I got all mine at Cabela's when they came on sale.

How many Plano containers do you need to take? These are the 2 I use. The one on the right holds 6 trays, plus a bunch of other gear. It would not fit in the middle seat box in my Jon boat. The one on the left holds 4 trays (vertically). It would fit if I didn't have 2 deep cycle batteries in the seat box. I use the one on the right 99% of the time.

that one on the left might work.  I'm trying to get about 4 of the larger Plano boxes in there.  I currently have 4 of the micro boxes and that has done me well.  I'm just trying to expand it a little bit this year

Chris  I have a soft side tackle bag; holds 4 good size plastic boxes;;  4 out side pockets / with a zippered pouch pocket just right for  a extra pair of glasses!!  name brand is flambea;;  works great!!

Chris I had to learn a little self control. I would take 3 or 4 tackle boxes and they do take lots of room up in the boat all the time having to move them or step over them.. But think about it out of all them tackle boxes vary few baits will be used. Of coarse you have your favorites your feel good security baits then you have some new stuff you may try out. But the fact is you can fish out of a vary small plastic box with enough dividers and will really do what you will probably need. Just a little food for thought.

I think I may actually end up sticking with Plano boxes because I just like the way they work for me.  Instead of the mini one's, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go with these:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_Guide_Series_Two_Tier_Stowaway...

I think that is a vary smart move.

Hey Chris I use one of those Plano Soft Sided bags . I can put a lot of bugs in one and all other types of stuff. I take out my main box once I"m in someones boat and just hang it on a cord around my neck and they are generally water proof . I don't like my stuff getting all wet cause then the hooks start to rust etc.

The bags themselves can get completely soaked , but the contents are all basically dry because of the takle boxes I use are waterproof.....

If ya really want to go light get one of those soft sided coolers for a 6 pack of soda or something and they are made to be waterproof and keep stuff pretty dry inside in all but the worst of torrential downpours .....

i have that same box it holds alot.all panfish stuff.i take out the dividers and put hooks in pill bottles and folded all the bags of small plastics fit nicely,the bottom is a little more open for bigger stuff.my local menards had these and all kinds of other plano boxes,certain things i have to check out in person ,not online unless i know exactly what i'm getting

i have the 2 tier one not the bag.i have a smaller bag for my flies and leaders and little boxes with basics and small plastics etc for my walking trips

Up until two years ago, I didn't own a "tackle box". In my earlier years I had several, but when I switched to BG fishing only, I slimmed everything down. My idea was to be highly mobile, and only take what I considered the essentials. I now have a small tackle box, ONE tackle box, and in truth I find bringing it along to be a terrible pain in the ***.....

I have compromised in a manner of speaking, by using one removable, plastic multi-compartment tray out of that box as my grab-and-go storage....just the basic tools, and a few proven jigs/lures depending on the time of year and water temps. Slip that tray into the storage pocket on my camo pants and I'm good to go. Fast and mobile...that's my philosophy most of the time.

I'm the same way when I actually go shore fishing.  I have two very small plastic tray's that I bring along (assuming it's for panfish).  This however is going to be for my boat where I have some extra storage space and I want to bring along all the fun stuff to test out.  Kind of like when you drive by the other boat and ask what they're biting on.

But I am with you, if I'm shore fishing I don't even like bringing along a second rod and reel.  I do though in case something happens.  Hate to make a long walk, just to turn around because a reel broke.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
4 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
4 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
5 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
5 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
23 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service