Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Well, I'm back. We, my better half and I have had some health issues. I still have a total knee surgery coming up, but we are doing pretty good. Been pretty busy taking care of each other mainly, which hasn't left room for any fishing. I haven't been any in 2023 and am in dire need. Hoping to go after knee surgery recovery. Been doing some jig tying. A bit and following many tyers on YouTube. Been trying my hand at the mustache minnow. I will include pictures from my phone...I will try to stay up to date more here in 2024.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, need some help. How do I add pictures from my phone. I signed in and it only shows to add word post comments.

You save them first and then try?

I have them saved in my gallery on the phone. I guess I'll have to transfer them to the computer first...then try again. Thank you John.

Welcome back Eric. Good to see you here again!

These are 1/32 tube head jigs, tied with Ice dubbing and Arizona Semi Seal Dubbing and a white Maribou feather tail. I used white 6/0 Semperfli classic waxed thread. The space between the homemade 3-D eyes was filled with some UV Resin then set, and then a coat over the eyes and the othe set resin to lock them in.

Nicely Done Eric!

Thank you John.

Sure look like fish catchers.

Thank you Bruce

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"25 Vintage Fishing Lures Worth A Fortune – My Bait Shop, LLC"
16 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

JulyTroutGreg2131

"Assuredly a quality Trout! Again, it happens we catch a Trout in July high temps that is Un…"
Wednesday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Wednesday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Wednesday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Home from holiday rest and relaxation on the OBX….did get in a quick trip on the morning of the 4th….man it’s hot everywhere…."
Wednesday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

JulyTroutGreg2131

"Looks like a quality trout….nice job on this one…."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

Julyjohnbass1726

"Very nice bass on the crank bait……hope you and your family had a relaxing holiday…"
Wednesday
"This Classic,' Imp Klicker' was the ticket for an outside weed line suspended 2# Bass in…"
Tuesday
Tuesday
Thumbnail

JulyTroutGreg2131

"Took a no name spoon made in Korea, about the size of a 1/4 oz. Dardevle Spinnie."
Jul 3
John Sheehan posted photos
Jul 3
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"I can't remember the name of that one. It's been so many years since I fished them."
Jul 2
"Hey Bruce! Thanks for the great post. I love this Lure Nostalgia. I see several Rebels, a Rapala,…"
Jul 2
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"I haven't fished these lures in over 35 year so they have to be antiques. I can't…"
Jul 2
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Bluegill in Trouble on a Local River……6/30/2024

"Yes Bruce….I was pondering going to their weigh in but the heat index was like 105 so I…"
Jun 30
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Jun 30
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Bluegill in Trouble on a Local River……6/30/2024

On a river ten miles west of me….these guys caught a five fish limit of 31 pounds and a big fish of…
Jun 30
Thumbnail

sweet pseed and very aggressive

"All things fishing are interesting to me…..I follow the North Carolina Wildlife Resources…"
Jun 30
Thumbnail

sweet pseed and very aggressive

"Interesting, are there also Red Breasted Sunfish in that creek? Another small (at least the ones I…"
Jun 30
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Only Bleeding Tail on a Gill Today….6/29/2024

"I’m very fortunate that North Carolina stocks them throughout the state and our population…"
Jun 30

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service