Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Got to ask, since there are so many inventive minds in here. Has anyone create a fishing line winder (from spool to any reel), and then from reel back to spool (especially for fly line cleaning/dressing)?

Mash 3 things into one, with a line counter on top of that:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Fishing-Line-Winder/

Berkley Portable Spooling Station

..and..

Anyone seen something like that?

Views: 1439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sentiments exactly.

I landed that big, pissed off gar recently on 6# mono with 4# leader. It was worrisome I admit, but I just let the drag do the work and pumped the fish to me when I could.

I like this gadget, because I like gadgets. Ill probably never have one, however.

PS on a slightly different, but related note: I leave my old line on the reel.

I use it as BACKING, winding the needed amount of new line on top. If I get a fish so big that it strips it all off, Im probably in trouble anyway.

leo-i have something similar to that homemade version.some one gave it to me and i never tried it.i just run my line thru the first guide and use a piece of cloth to pinch the line as i reel to keep tension.for mono apinning line i always have the label facing up.seems that is the way it is meant to come off the spool.if the coils start to twist i flip it over.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks Jim. Looks like your idea revises my design of board for the better.

I just put line on in the same direction it comes off the spool. If my reel turns clockwise, I flip the spool until the line comes off clockwise also. If my reel turns counter-clockwise, I reverse the spool. I think all of my reels turn counter clockwise when viewed from the rod handle.

And keep the line tight.

So many methods to the madness. Some like to go for counter-clockwise off-spool to clockwise reel, and vice versa, to negate the possible twisting. The only viable resolution to the madness is to straighten the line out, allow the twisting to completely unravel using the swivel, or allowing the line to untangle in the water when you're on a boat, and reel in tightly. Oh, the wonderful nightmares that this bring back..

before I attach my line to the reel; Leo;; I straighten it out.  then start to wind it in;; drop the rod tip;; a little; see if its going to twist;;  if it does ; I rotate the spool;; wind it up;;  that way; it takes pretty much all  of the twist out

And the project begins with a leftover piece of pine board, with a few spare pieces of woods, just to be hindered by missing cutting tools. Can't seem to recall who I let my woodworking tools borrowed over a year ago. *sigh* another few hundred out the door.

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted a photo
12 hours ago
jim cosgrove commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"like minds"
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
20 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks to everyone."
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jim."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"NICE LOOKING BUG DICK........."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"WOW NICE ONES BUDDY......."
yesterday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"NICE PERCH BUDDY......"
yesterday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"You bet Jim! I thought that was cool too!  "
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Welcome Jim Cosgrove! Hope you enjoy the group !"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Your pond Dick?Nice fish."
yesterday
jim cosgrove joined John Sheehan's group
yesterday
jim cosgrove replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"Thanks for sharing John.Especially how he came up with the name."
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"Beauties Troy!"
Sunday
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz shellcracker

"Great cracker daily double! Congrats Troy….."
Sunday
dick tabbert commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Apr 20
Apr 19
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
Apr 19

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service