Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Back in the old days the old mountain men would get together for a rendevous  , Tootie and I were just wondering who would be interested and like to join us in early Sept on Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee  for a Old fashion bluegill rendevouis . This wont be a fishing tournament but just a BBG get together for a good time catching fish, eating good,swapping flies and lies.  Does this not sound like too much fun ! We arn't getting any younger, let us know what you think!   LOFR

Views: 3055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be there guys!!  hopefully;; as many bbg members can join as possible!!   

I'll block out two days before that weekend and be sitting on go. I also volunteer ( as Tennesseans are known for) to do as many scouting trips as possible. If the wind blows there are several watershed lakes close by that are more protected, so finding a spot to fish will not be a problem. I look forward to meeting you guys and showing you around one of wonders of the World.

Thats great Keith. We were wondering if you were going to stay with us at night so you wouldn't have to drive home?

Somebody will have to keep an eye on you Old Farts. With your many pee trips in the middle of the night you might wander off and get lost.

Great answer, yes we will need help. LOFR

New guy here-would love to attend this first rendezvous now that we are retired. Assume there are places to stay close by? since we don't have a camper and tent camping we just don't do anymore.

There are lots of places to stay around the lake. They are usually full during the crappie spawn and duck season. Any thing from rooms to cabins to lodges. But should get a good rate at that time of the year.

Ok this is what we know today , Sept 6th and 7 th Reelfoot Lake , Tennessee, Out of state fishing licence is Non resident 1 day is $11.50,  2day is $23.00, and 3 day is $27.00.  LOFR

and tooty cleans all the fish??  great idea !!  I'll watch!!  I figure its the LEAST I could do;; LOL!!!!

Well talked to the wife and we are a definite attend. Now I need to know where the base of operations will be so I can find some nearby lodging.

Kelly just got home from the Crappy Cabin and read your post . I will be talking with some Resorts this week and we should have a good Idea of the base of operations this week, I'll get back to you. LOFR

Ok, it's official, plans have been made for the First BBG Rendezvois, it will be Sept 5th, 6th, and 7th at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee. The resort we will be using is Boyettes, and they have plenty of room if you wish to join us.Friday night we are planning some kind of BBQ , Saturday night is a fish fry, there will be fly tieing and lying,   equipment reviews, and recipe swap, plus we will be taking lots of photos and might even try to pod cast plus fishing on one of the premier bluegill crappy lakes in the country. We are planning on having so much fun,dont just wish you could be there ,come have fun with us ! LOFR

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
1 hour ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
yesterday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
yesterday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
yesterday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."