Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I can't find much info on portables. Has anyone have/had a portable fish-finder? Thinking about trying a portable fish-finder Hummingbird piranhaMax 175 for my kayak

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have thought getting the "Fishin Buddy" by humming bird which would save figuring out how to mount the transducer just not sure whats the best for the kayak.

Angelo, I have an Eagle CUDA 300 mounted on my kayak.  My yak doesn't have a transducer-friendly scupper, so I have the puck GOOP'ed to the hull on the inside.

There is a new sonar mounting option on the market.  It's called a "Cell Block".  Basically, a small box that mounts to the side of the yak via a Slide-Track.  If you want, I can try to find some info for you.

Would be great if you can find any info for me. I'am not the greatest researcher, Send a link if you are able to, Thanks Allen

What kind of kayak do you have?

Just picked up a Old Town Heron 9 Angler.

I found some options for you on Hook1's website:

http://kayakfishinggear.com/mountsandmountingbars.aspx

I didn't take a thorough look-see, but saw several mounting options starting around $30.

Also, I know KFS (somewhere in NJ) went under several years ago.  There was another website started, as KayakFishingStuff (instead of "Store), but I have no idea what that one is like.

Thanks, I'll have to look on that link later when I have time. Well the fish finder I'am looking at is a portable with suction cups but I don't know if it would hold up. 

I have just installed the Garmin 500C on my float tube. There's an outfit called Float Tube Fanatics that makes various mounts, Kayaks, Float tubes, they even have a magnetic one for rental boats. Very helpful people. I tried mine out a couple weeks ago and it worked great.

I had the Fishin Buddy several years ago… doesn't compare with the Garmin… and the Tube like design can be a hindrance getting in and out of your tube… as well as give bogus readings if it's not absolutely vertical in it's holster. If you do decide to go with a fish finder… One important thing to keep in mind is how many ah (amp hours) your finder uses. You can run the lower end Garmins (Still incredible electronics) all day long but if you go with something like the 500C you'll only get about 4 - 5 hours on one battery. (I bought a spare battery to take along just in case). I can assure you the people at Float Tube Fanatics are incredible. Good Luck.

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
1 hour ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Winter Sunsets on the Albemarle Never Disappoint……1/29/2023

"Thanks Bruce, waiting on Sir Walter Raleigh ’s prediction of an early Spring…my…"
17 hours ago
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Winter Sunsets on the Albemarle Never Disappoint……1/29/2023

This shot is looking west across the Little River in Northeastern N.C.
yesterday
Mikey-D commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

These Guys Were Aggressive……Caught Five of Them…..1/8/2023

"Thanks Jeff I have some 1/32 big eye jig heads I didn't know that there was even a 64th oz or…"
Jan 24
Thumbnail

"Hey Mikey-D thanks for the question and sorry for the delay, we had a long weekend at the…"
Jan 24
Thumbnail

"I forgot to ask Jeff do you have a certain preference of jig brand, style and or weight?"
Jan 20
Thumbnail

"Thanks Jeff we have had some up and down weather here too I will put this info to good use and down…"
Jan 20
Thumbnail

"Congrats on the winter bass Mikey-D…… I personally don’t enjoy the winter even…"
Jan 19
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Jan 19
Thumbnail

"What are they Jeff? They look like roach minnows I finally got to get out in the lake Monday and…"
Jan 19
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Jan 16
Thumbnail

"I have found them infrequently through my Years Jeff. BUT recall, clear as a Bell, the first time i…"
Jan 10
Thumbnail

"Cool John……they are surprisingly aggressive with their tiny mouth……the…"
Jan 10
Jan 10
Jan 8
Jan 8
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out a bit this morning ahead of the front….saw surface temps up to 50 degrees, mixed bluegill, fliers, pumpkinseed and roaches on micro"
Jan 8
Thumbnail

Best of 2022….Addictive Gills

"Thanks John……I have a few bucket list fishing destinations when I retire but as I…"
Jan 4
Thumbnail

Best of 2022….Addictive Gills

"AH so they expanded their range. I imagine they are quite aggressive by Nature! Great experience…"
Jan 4

© 2023   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service