Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

has anyone had any problems with buying from bas pro shop?

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My problem with BPS is that there are TWO of them within an hour's drive of my house! Dangerous! And yes, their prices are a bit on the high side. Then again, it's either that or 1) go to the catalog/online, or 2) drive ~3.5 hours to the Cabela's store in Buda, TX. MUCH better store, but much LESS convenient; and Cabela's will only put two stores in each state, and that's the closest one.
I always thought Texas was 5 states
Well, we COULD split into 5 equal areas and they'd STILL be larger than some of our other states, but... Nah, I'd rather keep it as one state. :-D
I love bass pro shops. Ordered my new reel and rod for panfish bot two weeks ago and my new setup is amazing. Also wasnt that expensive. Gotta love when you order something from there and they send you a catalog free. Two thumbs up for bass pro shops.
so far it's sounding good. no store near here that i know of. only online
Bass pro is a great place to shop if you can catch ya self a sale. Its a cool experience to go in and check out all of the stuff, go to the seminars, Eat at the restaurant or just waste some time while the girls are at the mall. I live about 20 min from our local bps. There is one thing that I take into serious consideration about shopping at my bps. If I can get it at my local bait shop I refuse to buy it at bps. ALWAYS remember the lil guy. Most of these bait shops are owned and operated tiny family business that have been in operation for a few generations. They all know you, ya daddy, and his daddy by name. Ive even got a few pictures up on the wall that sticks out in the wallpaper of pics at mine. Theres always a few old men sittin on an old bench made from a 2x12 on mason blocks against the front wall drinkin coffee and tellin stories of there famous fish that got away. I would hate to see my bait shop fade away. They cant make it on just crickets and worms. BPS doesnt open at 5am.... pump your gas for you and get your boat iced and your bait packed and loaded for you either.

Support the lil guy. There just like you and me.
Mayo
Your local bait shop can often meet or beat Bass Pro's prices on many items and sometimes already do. Mayo is right, we better buy more than just bait from them if we know what's good for us. I personally think Wal-Mart is more of a threat to the little bait shop than BPS because they are in most small towns across the south and have a fair tackle selection and it's so convenient while you're buying everything else they have.

I will make a concious choice to see what my bait shop has I might want or need besides crickets. Will you please consider doing the same?

Boogieman
bought some line and weights from mine today when I went and bought minnows for crappie fishing today.
Too late! Went by my local bait shop the other day. All closed up and For Sale sign out front. See what I mean?

There's one other in town. I'm gonna go buy something from him today!

Boogieman
thats upsetting
No problems. I've spent hundreds at bass pro with no problems. Had an Eagle Claw scissors forceps snap off in my hand last year after opening the jaws three times. They refunded my money and told me to keep the forceps.

If you've never been there in person you should go at least once. I went to the Springfield Missouri mall. It is massive and has everything an outdoorsman/woman would want.
No Probs. BPS gets some of my money every year. Check out the library they have on their website.
Add Cabelas and the small shops to your list and you got it covered. Just yesterday I bought an ice rod and reel from a local B&T, along with a few ice jigs and bait.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
17 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service