Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Goofing off this morning, looking for web sites on fly tying. Being a big bluegill fan, always looking for new and other people's version on fly fishing for bluegill. Found this site. Looked around, looks great. My kind of place. Like to fish small lakes out of my pontoon boat.

Views: 251

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man sounds like fun I am also looking into fly tying myself. I love fly fishing for anything, it make me fill one with nature. There is just something about it. Well i am glad you found us and hope that you become family with sharing info and picture. Fish on.
Welcome, Steve! I really enjoy flyfishing for bluegills. I tie many of my own flies, but still occasionally buy some. I expect with winter coming up, I'll have more time to tie flies. I plan to do some ice-fishing too, though.
Welcome, Steve. I only recently found the site, but am enjoying it very much. I don't tie much (or very well), but I DO love to fish (mainly from my belly boat, but also from the bank). As far as ice fishing goes, I'm extremely happy it's not possible in "my neck of the woods" (SE Texas). :-) One of my favorite places to fish is a small stock tank that's only 50 feet or so from a well-traveled road, and is a mere 40 feet long by 25 feet wide (I can cast a fly from one end to the other with no problem) and the deepest part is a mere 3 feet. I have to laugh when I think of all the people driving to work and seeing me out there with my fly rod. :-D Surprisingly enough, though, I've caught many BG here and even a 15-inch LMB.
Yes Charles, this is a great site to share our fishing. All the great places to fish. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....Texas, want to get down there and fish. One day. Just got back from south Gerogia. What a place. Hundreds of great little rivers. And the Okefenokee Swamp. EVERYBODY needs to go there one time, at least. You would not believe the fishing and sights. The Satilla River is another great place to fish in the area. Good luck to all fishing.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan posted a photo

GregLSBDS

Tough day after a storm. Greg scored the only fish on a drop shot on a 8-13 ' dropoff.
Oct 2
John Sheehan posted a photo

Tabbert cricket

Swallowed the Black Tabbert Cricket
Sep 21
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Lot of Coppernose Over a Piund this Summer….9/11/2026

Story to come in the next couple months…,,,
Sep 11
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Had a Great September Morning Earlier This Week…..9/10/2026

"Thanks John…..dabbled in a few other places but Facebook didn’t like my dictionary…"
Sep 11
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Had a Great September Morning Earlier This Week…..9/10/2026

"Nice to see you back here, Jeff! Been awhile! Got 78 water temp this past Tuesday, fishing for…"
Sep 11
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Had a Great September Morning Earlier This Week…..9/10/2026

Fished a mini urchin from blind squirrel baits under a float on a telescopic pole……surface temps…
Sep 10
John Sheehan posted photos
Sep 9
John Sheehan posted photos
Aug 29
John Sheehan posted photos
Aug 26
John Sheehan posted photos
Aug 20
John Sheehan posted photos
Aug 12
John Sheehan posted photos
Aug 5
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

grt26

"The Hot Crank Bait."
Jul 24
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

gtjuly26

"Been a long time getting a Greenie! Got two."
Jul 24
John Sheehan posted an album
Jul 24
John Sheehan posted photos
Jul 24
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Floating snake 2

"Dick, have you tried it out?"
Jul 21
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

july26

"Nice to see them coming back in bigger sizes in my home lake of Cupsaw Ringwood NJ."
Jul 21
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

JULY26HELGIE PICKEREL

"Yes Dick .Iv'e eaten both Pike and Pickerel and sometimes laziness gets me taking back strap,…"
Jul 21
dick tabbert commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

july26

"Nice"
Jul 21

© 2026   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service