Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

So you live near Chicago and you want to hang out with bluegill anglers? You can join our league/club! We fish for all species but the lakes I choose - bluegill is king (it's the state fish you know)...

The league is perfect for learning and fishing close to home. 

NEW this year - dues are $20 annual and you can join any time.

Our events will be fun and have a splash of competition mixed on top - but mostly fun with those individual award medals each angler can achieve. 

I have new sponsor product and our tackle stores will help us out locally. If your business would like to sponsor the fishing league - let me know. Non-fishing businesses, support the cause too and get noticed.

Views: 156

Replies to This Discussion

League event 1 is being moved as it was a holiday weekend. Wind blew us off the reservoir- I gave it a go but it was tough to see a bite in the chop. There were white caps on the reservoir and the wind was ripping into the South East corner. There was no place to fish and avoid it except on the West end where it is only 1.5 feet deep. I tried to hold the pole about 20 feet out but as I said, I could not find a bite or see it. I got picked clean a bunch of times and hooked up on one fish that broke my leader on the pole.

After a short period I packed all my stuff, took my bait and gear to the river where I fed in and started to hook up on an ok bluegill bite that turned into a ferocious, fast-paced bluegill bite.

A great day- I hooked into hundreds of gills and ended up with over 300 bluegills with some crappies mixed in.

If you missed the fishing action we will be back on a fantastic premier bluegill venue featuring some of the best action in the Chicago Suburbs on this catch-and-release only venue.

Please join us for this next event or contact me for information -  Johnny

New achievement medals this year and the Junior division is new this year also.

Club Event  & Matches starting.

Match 1 was this past Saturday afternoon. You missed out on the fun. No big deal - join us at our next outing.

The winning catch featured 83 fish. Winning weight was 17.5 lb. caught in 4 hour session.

Catch included 78 bluegill + 5 channel catfish.

Fish were caught on spikes - maggots.

Match Start time: 2:30 P.M. - END-TIME 6:30 P.M.
Match Conditions - Light Wind - 3 - 8 mph

Temperatures 75 - 78 degrees

Partly Overcast - Light Rain in Area

We encourage you to come out and join our fishing club - league to experience bank angling fun. Cheap, close-to-home fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Great for all levels of angler.

With your club dues you receive a coupon for 1 free fishing class ($30 value) and can attend our free Spring seminars to get you a catching-boost. Simple gear, no boats needed and lots of fish caught. Members also receive 10% off coupons at some area and online tackle stores. You can also get bulk spikes - pre-order, when available - $8 / 1,000!

Here is an update. If you live in the Chicago area - to join our club is now only $20 for 365 days.

Meet anglers who value fishing for bluegills and all-species angling. Learn a ton and see a lot of fish caught.

Necessary equipment - required hook-removing, disgorgers (fish-saving / protecting equipment). You must have either a Fish-Saver (.95 cents) or a hemostat to protect the fish you are catching. Anglers must take a quick demo on protecting fish.

Other than that - there are no extra fees or costs. If you want to participate in the friendly matches- an approved keep net (holds and protects fish during event in the water). These mesh rectangular nets cost $28 - $45 and are excellent for holding a lot of fish and keeping them healthy - can be used on your own, on vacation etc.

RSS

Latest Activity

dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
7 hours ago
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
10 hours ago
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
10 hours ago
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
13 hours ago
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

These were caught on redworms

"Nice mixed catch……."
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Nice daily double…..Vince is growing up!"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Nice perch anywhere Dick…"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted photos
yesterday
Troy Dorman posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
Monday
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
Monday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
Monday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by