Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Show me your boat or describe what your dream panfish boat would be like.  I am thinking about getting a Tracker Panfish 17 boat in the near future.  I want a boat without tall casting decks, mainly so that my little Grandson can be introduced to fishing by walking on the bottom floor instead of up high where he would be more prone to falling off.  I also like the ledge all around the boat to sit on, and built in rod lockers. If I want to cast up high there is enough of a front casting deck to do so.  And I have been looking at used models that seem to go in the 4K range with a 4 stroke 40HP motor on them, which would likely fill all my needs for speed and trolling.  If anyone has one, please respond with your comments on the Tracker or post a picture of your boat.

Thanks

Views: 6978

Replies to This Discussion

Marty... i've been looking at the panfish 16 for a few years now... when did they stop making the panfish 17?

panfish 16 sweet boat

Ken: The oldest model I found while looking around on the classifieds sections of the web is a 1991 model and the latest is a 2008 model.  I still cannot find out where the extra foot of boat is located within the boat.

the only thing with kids in this boat moving forward and driving they are sitting in the back

My son would be holding on to him for sure, so there will be 2 adults plus the little one for quite  a few years to come, I usually always have my son along on any fishing trips I take, it's what we have always done.

i currently own a Topper 15  with a 5hp Coleman 4 stroke that sips the gas... i like to fish everyday that i can and economy was a big thing with me. however the pull start is a bit much for me with my condition so i need to move up to an electric start. 20 or a 30 hp panfish 16 would be perfect for me... less movement is more time on the water for me. everything is within reach with that model ... i love it. i saw a 2012 on boattrader.com 40 hp (whoa 35mph!) for about 7000.00

This is my version of the "perfect Panfish boat". We fish either total electric or 10hp restricted lakes. I put together an Alumacraft MV 16 with a 9.9 Honda electric start 4-stroke. I have a transom mount 55lb Minn Kota trolling motor and have installed 2 deep cycle batteries in the center seat with a Minn Kota on board charger. The boat is low decked and very stable. 

great looking setup

Marty the boat your talking about has stick steering; might be hard to get use to.  all types of boats to look at  bass pro to give floor plan ideas. as well as lund boats; and g 3 sportsman.  my boat is a old 96 model pro 16  Mon Ark;; 40 hp mer.  gave 4 grand for it 3 years ago; trolling motor; depth finder. pix of it on my page if you want to check it out.  before you buy one;; look at several first;; also  depending on where you store your boat can make a difference!! to long of a boat might not fit into your garage!!   you might want to look at a tracker grizzly boat or a tx 18.  prices vary a lot ;; but a good used one can be found reasonable .

That's one of the reasons I really like this boat... everything is controlled from the one seat. I could probably stay out longer fishing in something like this.

I like stick steering, my uncles boat back in the 70's was a Chrysler brand boat that looked like the Panfish 16 model and it had stick steering, flat floor with just two seats on pedestals, handled great too.  I wish I would have bought that one after he died and kept it for nostalgic reasons.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
18 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
21 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service