Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Slip’s 2015 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES… 2ND HALF EDITION

... postings concerning the second half season of fishing 2015

Views: 10698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

20151025 ~ early Sunday we made a trek to the bridge on foot to test the bite from shore…

Earl hooked up quickly with a 26” Northern Pike and I had a couple on. Decide to load up the boat and head off to the launch and fish the panfish bite. We decide to fish and keep a slot of panfish of 15 B’Gill under 8” and 5 Crappie under 10” for a meal for four later tonight. Fish are rarely kept for the freezer.

We were quickly filling the live well with the B’Gill but were having a hard time with the crappie. Most of them being caught on jigs were between the 10.5 and 12” mark. Popular bait of choice was the Chain N Crank. Slip bobber producing second in shallow water less than 4’ foot deep.

We moved to a protected point from the cold wind and Earl quickly hooked up with a old warrior 9.5” B’Gill with some great proportions than a Master Angler P’Seed just nudging the nine inch mark on a 3” swim tail jig that this pig completely swallowed to the jig head. What a Hawg! Fishing the period of the full moon pays off!!. His second master Angler fish out of my boat in two months! The fishing continued with great results with crappie hitting on jigs at my favorite waypoints till we called it quits. Exiting on a great bite to clean fish and prepare a good panfish meal.

20151025-MASTER ANGLER P'SEED AND TOP TIER B'GILL

Earls' Master Angler Sized P'seed

20151025-EARL'S MASTER ANGLER P'SEED

20151025- 20 FISH SLOT LIMIT FOR DINNER

20151025- 20 fish slot limit

15 B'Gills less than 7.75" in length and Crappie less than 10" in length ...all bigger released and no culling from the livewell to replace small with bigger fish...smallest was 5.8" and largest gill was 7.75"... letting the big uns go for all the future trophy pursuit. Dinner was for four and everyone was satisfied very little left over and nothing was added to the freezer.

20151026- ...------<")))))><(

20151026 ~  borrowing a tow vehicle I decided to do a little exploring on the East leg of Wixom Lake…

I quickly hooked up with the Bass bite on 2” swim jigs 3 small and one 16” battler. Found schools of crappie that were strongly neutral in behavior on the sonar and could only coax a couple bites.. Found some great structure that the school associated with and added to my growing library of waypoints that will also come in handy next season.  

20151026-WIXOM LAKE~ SLOW BITE W/NO PANFISH

Down Scan Imaging showing some old construction columns? probably wooden pole build from an old bridge or dock site... crappies were found on both sides of the structure but at the time were in a neutral mood.

general area fishing on this trip... all new to me 

20151027- ...------<")))))><(

20151027- well after three days in a row fishing and on the boat i think im going to take the week off of work (fishing) due to soreness... i feel like a Detroit Lion after the beating they took from the vikings sunday... who says fishing isnt a sport? 

20151029- ...------<")))))><(

20151030- ...------<")))))><(

20151030- My 21.3" SMALLMOUTH OF 20150928 ALSO QUALIFIED FOR THE IN-FISHERMAN MASTER ANGLER

20151030- My 21.3" SMALLMOUTH OF 20150928 QUALIFIED FOR THE IN-FISHERMAN MASTER ANGLER

20151031- ...------<")))))><(

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"This past Tuesday 2/5oz Eppinger Daredevle Imp Kicker was the only lure that caught a Fish in off…"
2 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Drone Shot of One of my Fishing Areas……6/25/2024

"Points and neck down inlet areas maybe ."
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

Small Seed but Great Colors….6/22/2024

"Beautiful1Love these Guys!"
6 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

spoonjunebww

"Suspended in an outside weed line in a cove. I don't see that color Pattern available for…"
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on John Sheehan's photo
8 hours ago
Thumbnail

"All looks great Jeffrey. I think it would depend on the time of year and of coarse the water depths."
8 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

"Just curious where other anglers would start fishing for bluegill if they were dropped in this…"
19 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

I’ve caught quality and big numbers of Florida strain bluegill on this river system every year…
19 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

spoonjunebww

"Pretty largemouth…..John…"
19 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

449203266_10234620760320270_7533845636020135654_n

"Nice bluegill anywhere……hope you guys get back on them with the heat of the summer…"
19 hours ago
Thumbnail

2#Bass pickerel cove

"The Classic Eppinger Daredevil 2/5 oz. Imp Klicker Model. Classic Bait got a 2# Bass today.…"
21 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
21 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Trouble for my Eagle Claw/Z Man Plastic…….6/22/2024

"Yes…..especially large bass…I always hope to grab a picture and release but I want to…"
Sunday
Thumbnail

Trouble for my Eagle Claw/Z Man Plastic…….6/22/2024

"I guess you fish 12 # test for Gills because of this possibility!"
Saturday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service