Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Just a little reminder that the next Bluegill Big Bluegill Rendezvous is just around the corner in May ,  Time to make plans now . We will be at Camden Tn again, because we had so much fun there last year, and this year even looks to be better, more fish , more food , and more fun . Dont be shy , come on . have some fun , we are not getting any younger.I'm going , how about you ?   LOFR

Views: 857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Craig;; Camden Tn. has motels there; dont have any idea of the names of them; sorry .. hope you can make it to the rendevou; and bring your new fenwick rod;; I;ll be happy to field test for you !!  and;; at no charge !!  LOL  LOFR started  the rendevou ; a couple of years ago; kind of like the old mountain man rendevouz;; we all talk; on site;; trade; swap ; all kinds of jigs; flies; the what evers..  in this way; we all actually meet the ones we have been meeting on site!!  and;; do a little fishing to !  one bbg member;; Sam Holt; is flying in; from Colorado; to join us this year ! He will be staying in Camden also !!

Any updates on attendees? I'm working hard to secure the days off, I'll be bringing my son and my girlfriend along for the fun. Looks like we will most likely stay at the Hampton Inn in Dickson, TN about 30 miles away. I'd love to stay closer but when you can get the room for $29 a night I don't mind a bit more driving.

Folks , this years Rendezvous may be the biggest concentration of quality bluegill fishermen ever , people are coming from all over the country , and let me say also of the nicest people I have ever met,this is going to be so much fun, it not too late to get involved , good food , fun and fishing , what else can I say , if you can't make it this year make plans for next year because it keeps getting better. The menu has been penciled in , a fish fry on Friday night , french fries , cole slaw , hush puppies, sliced onion , iced tea.  Saturday night  it looks like I'm going to cook my  Red Beans and Rice  , which is really closer to a Red Beans and Rice Jambalaya ,  Garlic bread and we are going to cook some shrimp in a pot , Mike and I have to drive by a crawfish pond before we get there so we really dont know what is going in the pot , all I can say is that my cooking is 90% possum free.I wont even talk about the desserts , I hope yall are not diabetic , and there might even be some Apple Pie. Oh Yea , Carl and Tootie are going to tie flies.  LOFR

WE MIGHT EVEN FISH A LITTLE TO;; LOL

SO FAR;; WE HAVE PEOPLE COMING TO OUR RENDEVOU; FROM;; IA;; ILL;; N. CAROLINA;; COLORADO; ALABAMA; ARK. TN.    SO GUYS  AND GALS;; IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY MEET SOME OF THE PEOPLE; ON BBG SITE;; THIS IS A GREAT OPPTURNITY FOR EVERYONE !  WITH LORD OF THE FLY RODS ; DOING THE COOKING;; IF YOU GET UP STILL HUNGRY; ITS YOUR FAULT !  LOFR IS A FANTASTIC COOK !  WE DO FLY TYING; DEMOS;; HELP WITH FLY ROD; CASTING;; HAVE MORE FUN THAN SHOULD BE LEGALLY ALLOWED; SO COME AND JOIN US AT THE RENDEVOU !!

I'm excited to join in on the fun, I will be bringing my son and the little Lady as well. Boxes are loaded with cranks and the rod and reel is setup and ready to fish.

I can not find the original announcement of the Rendezvous - could I get some details?  Where and times in Camden?

CLINT;; THE RENDEVOU STARTS; THIS MAY 19TH  AND WILL BE AT THE NATHAN BEDFORD FORREST STATE PARK;; ITS TO MEET FELLOW MEMBERS OF BIG BLUE GILL;; DO SOME FISHING;;  HAVE A TON OF FUN;; EXCELLENT FOOD TO EAT.. WE ALSO DO A FEW FLY TYING DEMOS;; MAYBE MAKE A FEW JIGS;;  HELP THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH FLY RODDING;; SO COME ON DOWN; JOIN US !!

Clint , we will be Headquartered at the Cabins at Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park  near Camden Tenn, the activities will start at the cabins Friday afternoon , get here if you can , it is way too much fun, this will be the biggest get together of Bluegill Big Bluegill  member so far,  We will even make Carl do his rope tricks again . If you can make it I know you won't be disappointed . LOFR

http://www.parispi.net/sports/outdoors/article_f44765b0-0e3a-11e6-a...    This guy is one of the top guides on Kentucky Lake.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
yesterday
yesterday
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service