................This could be a lot easier than you might think.
Contest will run before and after Halloween for no apparent reason and until it is cancelled for no apparent reason or a winner is proclaimed.
• Use your own Big Bluegill.com First, Last or Only name. Only use one. If you have little success, you may want to officially change your name onsite.
• Create a one sentence newspaper headline that has something to do with fishing somehow.
• Use the one name you have chosen in the headline somewhere.
• Begin every word in the headline with the first letter of the name you are using.
• Use each word only once.
• No matter how stupid sounding it is, the headline should make sense. Lying that a fisherman might believe is expected!
• All words used should be real words found in the dictionary. Commonly known slang words are acceptable. Made up words that sound real are judges discretion. Punctuation is unnecessary but allowed, only one period though unless it is part of a word like.com.
• Specified cheating is OK. Plagiarism is NOT. Do Not use substantial portions of someone else’s headline to embellish your own. You may cheat by brainstorming with your kids, grandkids, fishing buddies or other juvenile minded persons. The Boogieman will assist for a substantial cash fee.
.Multiple entries or rewording is almost necassary.
Prize Winning Criteria
• Grand Prize- The one who surpasses or even comes close to the Boogieman’s example listed below. Word count is of primary importance though clever headlines that follow the rules can pull off a word count upset with sentence quality.
• First Prize- Best overall headline of any length. This one will be easy to judge.
• Second Prize- Best obvious lie. This one not so easy on the judge. He likes most lies.
• Third Prize- Best Adverb or Adjective use. If you thought of changing your name but didn’t, you could still place no matter how tuff your name first letter is. Judging is everything.
• Fourth Place- Valiant attempt at participation.
• Grand Prize- One of those Whoopee Cushion stupid prize thingies on BBG.com. If you know of a more appropriate stupid prize thingy, sound off.
• First Prize- For thinking like me, an invitation from me to be my friend on BBG.com.
• Second Prize- $100.00 fine for lying.
• Third prize- Honorable Mention in a Boogieman Blog.
• Fourth Prize- Atta Boy
The following headline is an example of what you can do in a few minutes or a few days. I've always been curious about fishing with dynamite! This started off with a 10 word headline. After the bomb went off there were 42 words. Fishing with dynamite is illegal, but productive. Lying about it is even more productive. The headline says a lot. If you were to write the story behind it, you might win the Boogieman’s undying admiration.
Broadway Bashful But Bream Buster Brilliant Bad Boy Bluegillboogieman Bags Bodacious Bluegill Bunches By Blasting Big Bang Bomb Behind Bass Baby Boat Before Buying Bumbling Buddy’s Blindingly Beautiful Babe Bunny Belly Busting Baked Buttered Bologna Biscuits Beside Burnt Bubba’s Barbeque Barn Building