Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

for me it would be white bread

Views: 935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to say crickets. If they aint eating crickets they eating nothing.
Tommy Winton is a genius IF he said "crickets". OH! He did. That's cause he knew I was going to say crickets and he was scared not to. That or he's got a bunch of pics to prove it. Oh he does?

Boogieman
Can one bait be better than another? I think how you present it to the fish is what makes the difference, but the bait I use the most is red worms.
I will always be a die hard fly fishing bluegiller. Nothing is more fun than having a big bluegill take your top water popper. But Tommy is right, crickets are the #1 bait for consitantlly catching big bluegill.
Crickets or waxworms.
I like Crickets but on some lakes Wax Worms work better.I usually take both when I go Gillen !
1st choice Crickets... 2nd choice Mealworms... 3rd choice nightcrawler... All fished on a tiny jig
well i have never tried crikets...where do you get them from?
you find them under rocks.
i don't know where you'd buy them though.
you can buy crickets at petco. i am not sure if they would work but i guese i could try
anyone ellse?
I agree with Tommy, if they won't hit crickets you might as well go home.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
19 hours ago
20 hours ago
20 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Joe and I shoved off at daylight and had a pretty good trip ahead of a strong cold front tonight….some surface temps below 70 today"
20 hours ago
"Picked up bait, boat hooked up…..up against a cold front tomorrow with my son in law Joe….hopefully we can find a few fish before the rain.."
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

My Wife’s Dinner Tonight….Buffaloed Crappie….10/12/2021

"Enjoy Mikey-D…..real tasty recipe, crappie are so good, just kicks it up a…"
Thursday
Jeffrey D. Abney replied to Frank M's discussion Never saw a fish with this deformity!
"Always cool to see the survivors…..I agree with Bruce….could have been a bird of prey…"
Thursday
Mikey-D commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

My Wife’s Dinner Tonight….Buffaloed Crappie….10/12/2021

"Dang Jeff that looks pretty good never tried that but seeing this think I'm going to try it…"
Thursday
Bruce Tomaselli replied to Frank M's discussion Never saw a fish with this deformity!
"I bet  a bird, heron, kingfisher, etc. took a swipe at it."
Thursday
Tuesday
"All fish cleaned…waiting out the Invest right offshore, gusting over 30 this morning, creeks down over two feet in the last 12 hours.."
Oct 10
Oct 9
Oct 8
Oct 8
Oct 8
"Started a long weekend in the coastal marsh….water temps have dipped below 70 and the crappie are going shallow for the Fall feed…"
Oct 8
Thumbnail

Dinner Tonight……10/4/2021

"Thanks John…..I thank my family for teaching me so many cultural enjoyments when it comes to…"
Oct 7
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's group Piscatorial Pursuit of Perch
"Thanks, I personally love the period between 70 to 60 in the Fall as well as Spring 60 to…"
Oct 7
Oct 7
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Dinner Tonight……10/4/2021

"You got it going on Jeffrey!"
Oct 7

© 2021   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service