Do you love big bluegill?

Slip’s 2015 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES… 2ND HALF EDITION

... postings concerning the second half season of fishing 2015

Views: 10698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Water temperature 52 degrees and falling fast

20151017- ...------<")))))><(

20151017 --with water temps diving into the upper 40's im officially calling my 2015 Kayak Fishing Season.

what a great season it was!!when i thought all was lost with the tow vehicle seriously down and unable to use the jon boat and motor. i started just shore fishing the bank and was coming up with meager results. i bought a kayak trolley and strolled a weight balanced kayak to the lake. it saved the season for me! i came up with some great extremely shallow water patterns in the heat of the day and very warm water temps.

20151018- ...------<")))))><(

20151018 – … what a beautiful fall evening for a visit to the honey hole

I was just in awe and had to stop as I was crossing the bridge this evening. Snaps are free nowadays off the camera or your phone… take many while you are enjoying one of your favorite pastimes. Catch a fish follow it up with a scene shot.  I now take a snap and center the area where I tagged the fish in the photo… makes for great memory jogging and a way to treat some cabin fever during the off months of your season while you review your past snaps. A nice picture overall so I thought I would share….

20151018_173012 NICE PANORAMIC VIEW OF WIXOM LAKE

It took only a few casts to tag a nice Smallie along some submerged structure. Tagging these fish on my Ultra Lights with 4# test or less super lines has been a great pattern the last few weeks and has upped my avg numbers and sizes of these fish during the seasons of record. The fish just measured over 19” and a true lunker in anyones books. Follow up casts proved in my mind that this was a solitary fish.

20151018_1748 - 92% Master Angler Rated SMB @ 19.3"

Moving further down along the point  I tagged a nice Y.Perch that also proved to be solitary . 

20151018_180037... good Y.Perch on Berkley 2" Power Minnow

I felt satisfied with the beautiful setting and the nice fish within my reach this evening called it a night and then headed home.

slip  stinker;; your season got off to a bad start;; but look at how it all ended !!   you got your  certificates in pb fish;; caught a lot of really nice bass; gills and crappie;; not to mention all of th eother fish you were lucky enough to catch !!  many congrats to a great season buddy !!  

thanks Carl! i was really surprised with all the adversity i had to face this season i was still able to pull off topping 2014 for the best season of my life. nothing beats Time On The Water as a contributing factor for success. knowledge gained from web sites like this with knowledgeable fisherman who are willing to share ideas and techniques also weighs in heavily. i feel very fortunate to be a part of it and healthy enough to contribute to the sport.

20151019- ...------<")))))><(

20151019 -  fishing the tough days…. 25 mph with 45 mph gusts

Yesterday I left the lake with glass calm conditions and now today white caps… wind is my fishing enemy… when you fish you deal with it. I had to re rig with 1/16 oz baits up from 1/64 and 1/32 and make shorter cast tight to cover.

While setting up my GOPRO camera and tripod the wind blew it off its stance and chipped the lense cover… I was lucky enough to save it before it continued down the cement decline into the lake.

Ended up scratching this chunky SMB close to the rip rap. Felt satisfied to at least come up with a solitary fish under these conditions. Hey its all part of the game!

20151020- ...------<")))))><(

20151020 TROPHY SMB CAUGHT ON WHITE JELLY JIG

only spent a few minutes fishing late this morning and tied up with a monster SMB. casting parallel to shore along the open rip rap in less than a foot of water with my UL 6' rod with 6# Nanofil loaded with a white Tabbert Jelly Jig i tied into this hog. spectacular fight! as i netted this beauty i knew it would be close to another citation fish (in Michigan you are allowed one certificate per species per year) at 20.6" is a trophy anywhere you go. The Jelly Jig has Big Fish swagger!

20151020 TROPHY SMB CAUGHT ON WHITE JELLY JIG

i had to leave shortly after catching this fish because of lower back pain, leg pain etc. power nap and hopefully i can get back out there later

RSS

Latest Activity

tracy willis commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Crab and Shrimp Gumbo…..5/6/2024

"my goodness that looks good!!"
46 minutes ago
tracy willis commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"John my preferable fish are sauger/walleye, bluegill/shellcracker, crappie, blue cats and spotted…"
48 minutes ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"Absolutely the best grilled trout I ever had…."
1 hour ago
Thumbnail

rb trout

"One thing I miss about Tennessee was seeing rainbow trout on many menus in the…"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb sucker

"Nice stalk John….."
2 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"Yeah Jeff. In the Fridge vacuumed sealed for now."
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb Fallfish

"Turns out a case of false ID ,Jeff. Corrected it. Need reminders every Year. "
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb sucker

"Absolutely Jeff. The worm was sitting in a slow eddy Hole behind a fallen Tree."
2 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb sucker

"Nice sucker….was this one combing the bottom John?"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb chub

"Chub hits the board…..nice catch…."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb trout

"Off to the smoker……woohoo!"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Crushing the Hot Pink……5/5/2024

"Thanks Tracy….we visited my mother in New Orleans for a couple weeks and got back to wide…"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

"Thanks John…..blessed weekend……Saturday was better than Sunday because of the…"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

"I caught three and this was the smallest…..lot of fun to catch…….if you tip…"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

rb trout

"Not for everyone one but it is for me ,Tracy. Do you eat preferable Fish?"
4 hours ago
tracy willis commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"looks like some good eating.  i ate trout once and wasnt keen on it, too much of a salmony…"
4 hours ago
tracy willis commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

"looks like a good week for you.  enjoyed all the fish pics."
5 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
5 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

"Nice Fish you poste today, Jeffrey!"