Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Slip’s 2015 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES… 2ND HALF EDITION

... postings concerning the second half season of fishing 2015

Views: 10698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Carl ... was a slow bite... very few taken by everyone fishing. talked with the DNR briefly while being checked they reported very few fish being taken the past few days. did manage to get a handful of crappies with the Jelly Jig

20150816-  ...------<")))))><(

Thinking on heading out to do some shore fishing For dinner

these jelly jigs are moving up my favorites list for jigs for crappie...

Out on Kerswill with a good bite

20150816-Started out the early afternoon to test some jig patterns and rod and line combinations for the Trophy Crappie Quest session for early evening. Hit a small pod of crappies between 9 and 11 inches. The Jelly Jig is showing well with the crappie bite with pink winning overall in color.
The early evening bite brought along my wife Jeri and Earl son Connor. Just as we motored into a shallow bay my wife hooks into a 24” Northern on the first cast and a LMB on the second. Sheesh! She was a terror the rest of the evening her targets weren’t panfish but the pred bite.
I hooked up with a decent crappie straight away on the Jelly Jig as well as a few B’Gill. The slip bobber wouldn’t produce. Many panfish were caught in the bay but as evening wore on we settled into the deeper edges where I found schooling fish on the sonar. I scanned a few areas and marked a few waypoints and worked em one after another. There was a small fly hatch going on and all the fish were suspended and feeding up.
It was a decent bite overall but not as the session we experienced 2 weeks ago with the full moon. The Jelly Jig performed well during the daylight hours and then the darker plastic bodies performed better as the light dwindled.
Caught my best fish of 12.2” as well as the last on the “Calling of the Last Cast”

20150816- TROPHY CRAPPIE QUEST 2015 SESSION 2

a nice night out with family fishing.

that gen. 7 model seems to be working great for you slip stinker;;;  im thinking of getting a chirp 5 for my boat

Carl I have two models now that do mapping the elite 4 HDI and the elite 7 HDI.

Someday when I get my fishing budget straightened out the gen models are in the forecast

The elite 4 HDI is used in the kayak as well as ice fishing.

slip stinker;; I am starting to check on some lowrance brands now;; getting my christmas wish list started;;;; LOL

i enjoyed our conversation yesterday Carl... depth sounders and fishing.. gotta love it.

thanks for doing the upfront groundwork on the sonars... sounds like you'll be in the market before me.

make sure you check the Lowrance Outlet Store and research all the models... remember the models with the suffix X have no GPS and any map chip added to them will not position your boat on the map.

best new design in a jig ! Dick Tabbert;s jelly jig is going strong !!

RSS

Latest Activity

Jim Gronaw's 2 photos were featured
1 hour ago
Troy Dorman's photo was featured

2lb7oz., 1lb14oz., and 1lb10oz.

Caught big fish today!
1 hour ago
Jeffrey D. Abney's 2 photos were featured
1 hour ago
Jim Gronaw posted photos
1 hour ago
Jim Gronaw commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

More Than a Dozen Ten Inch Class Coppernose Today…..5/8/2024

"Excellent Jeffrey! They were bedding here on 5-3-24 but colder rain shoved them off. Back on now…"
1 hour ago
Jim Gronaw commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Another Great Fish…..5/8/2024

"Sweet fish my friend!"
1 hour ago
Jim Gronaw joined John Sheehan's group
1 hour ago
tracy willis commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

"WOW.  i need to get back out but the last  couple weeks here has been nothing but wind,…"
5 hours ago
tracy willis commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

waywayanda Spinnerbait Pickerel

"thatd be a nice sized pickerel here.  beautiful fish.  "
5 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

I had 150 live crickets with me and ran out in just over three hours…..crazy bite….
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Hottest day of the year so far but I still got out since we avoided thunderstorms…..caught 85 Coppernose and 2 shellcrackers…..water 85 deg"
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

"Good fishing John……it was our hottest day of 2024 yet and I still went fishing this…"
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"We called the freshwater drum “ gas-per-gu”  in south…"
7 hours ago
John Sheehan posted a photo

Bright Sunny Day and the White Tandem Spinnerbait nabs four small Pickerel over the weed flats.…
11 hours ago
tracy willis commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"yeah John my grandaddy used to call them goo's.  i guess its a tennessee, mississippi, or…"
15 hours ago
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Crab and Shrimp Gumbo…..5/6/2024

"Man does that look great. Do you think I could make it with fresh shrimp and canned crab meat? Can…"
15 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

rb trout

"Tracy-"Gasper Goo". Never knew that term for a Fresh water Drum. I only caught one of…"
yesterday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service