Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Slip’s 2015 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES… 2ND HALF EDITION

... postings concerning the second half season of fishing 2015

Views: 10698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

20150814 - ------<")))))><(

20150814- Started out the day launching the kayak off a friends personal property on the Wixom Lake and noticing some very brown silt suspended in the water giving it a coffee appearance. Also noticing the weed harvester working in the main lake … putting 2 and 2 together it looks like a strong possibility of negative attitudes from the fish in my spots. After futile trying the slip float rig for several minutes with no luck I decided to finish mapping the rest of the main lake.

After the lake was logged on my Elite 4 HDI I ended up near the bridge. I tied  on the Tabbert Jelly Jig and started hitting the crappies while casting parallel to the bridge columns. It seemed like the perfect lure for the job till a large walleye (judging from the fight) broke off the 2# braid with his sharp teeth. With no other Jelly jigs in my possession I tied on a 3” pintail on a 1/32 oz jig head and continued where I left off with the crappies.  One bonus 8” B’Gill was also landed.  A T storm finished off the rest of my afternoon. Rewarding over all.

collage of yesterdays outing...

20150814-WIXOM LAKE

yesterdays partial map...

here is the finished product with all sonar log segments merged into one map with the vegetation layer turned on... very distinct marking of the main river channel

20150815 - ------<")))))><(

20150815- Wixom Lake ...------<")))))><(

20150815- loading up with some Tabbert Jelly Jigs and heading to the bridge to pick up where i left off yesterday

Go get em Ken! The Tabbert Jelly Jigs are Perch /Gill /Crappie getters for sure .

i really like them John... over the winter im going to have to order some pink Jelly Jigs from Dick

20150815- launched the kayak this morning with a backup plan… dirty water on the flats then ill head to the deeper water for the crappie bite.  Water was still considerably stained and I could not produce one B’Gill hit. So I moved to the deeper water in the main lake and found a short consistent bite with the Tabbert Jelly Jig in pink. Crappies were hitting in 10-0 FOW but near the surface. Boats fishing adjacent to me were getting skunked. They were fishing for gill with fixed floats set deep with crawlers. Overall the bite was tediously slow.

20150815-Wixom Lake Slooooow bite

BFOTD!!!

20150815_180101 BFOTD in mid 8's

slip stinker;; you cant go wrong using those jelly jigs !    good luck to ya buddy!

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted photos
5 hours ago
Troy Dorman posted a photo
yesterday
jim cosgrove commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"like minds"
yesterday
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks to everyone."
Wednesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jim."
Wednesday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"NICE LOOKING BUG DICK........."
Wednesday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"WOW NICE ONES BUDDY......."
Wednesday
DAVID L EITUTIS commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"NICE PERCH BUDDY......"
Wednesday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"You bet Jim! I thought that was cool too!  "
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Welcome Jim Cosgrove! Hope you enjoy the group !"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Your pond Dick?Nice fish."
Wednesday
jim cosgrove joined John Sheehan's group
Wednesday
jim cosgrove replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"Thanks for sharing John.Especially how he came up with the name."
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz

"Beauties Troy!"
Sunday
Troy Dorman posted a photo
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

2lbs and 1lb10oz shellcracker