Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Slip’s 2015 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES… 2ND HALF EDITION

... postings concerning the second half season of fishing 2015

Views: 10698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

still feeling a little sore from the weekend... may have spent too much time on the boat... repetitive casting and sitting to long without changing positions. got the neck brace still on hopefully i can push myself to cast a few and make a presence on the later p.m. bite. id like to catch a few small ones for dinner... B"Gills up to to 7.5" and/or crappies up to 9"

20150902-took the kayak out for a spin but wasn’t feeling 100% so I stayed close to the launch… very slow bite but ended up with a nice chunk Green sunfish at 92% Master Angler Rating of 8.25” on a YammaMinnow close to cover.

20150902- 8.25" Green Sunfish

I really like this area of the lake... Wixom Lake actually has too much cover... fish are spread out.

slip stinker;; can you put a trolling motor on your kayak??  could relieve a lot pain your experiencing.

slip stinker;; you made a great looking carrier for your kayak !  if it balances correctly; should be  a breeze to pull or push to waters edge!  nice lookin yak you have also!!  but where is the trolling motor?  LOL

thanks Carl the dolly is store bought and folds nicely and i store in the back of my kayak

the battery and trolling motor are to heavy for this short 10 ft yak... trolling motor and battery would easily add over 100lbs.

one of my original intentions was to also implement a form a physical therapy for shoulder, neck and lower back as well as fish

20150903- ...------<")))))><(

20150903- well I havnt been physically able to accomplish the bullets on my list the past few days on the home front or the lake. I really wanted to get a little north of dale bridge mapping done… its virtually uncharted. The gov’t maps available out there are garbage compared to the actual contours. Its tough being spoiled by the electronics available. Fishing the reality rather than fishing blind.

This western leg of the reservoir has always puzzled me. One fish yesterday! A terrible bite but just one fish. The only thing saving the outing was it was a Personal Best Green Sunfish. This western leg of the reservoir has always puzzled me. Dropshotting is and was a big disappointment for the season. Fish are just absent or not as easily marked as last season in the Eastern leg of the reservoir in the deeper water. Yet ill fish a natural lake and the fish will be spot on with the drop shot. 90% of my fish came in shallow dispersed schools in less than 2 FOW on slip floats with GULP Pink waxies all season from spring thru the summer period at Wixom western leg. i will just settle and resolve with myself that the western end just does not contain the huge panfish populations or some secret fishing method and location waiting to be discovered. The fisherman are not there and neither are the fish. Its just i what i had to work with this season. I spent just one outing on the Eastern leg of the reservoir and had close to a 200 panfish day! Really miss that eastern leg… next year the vehicle towing situation should be resolved and ill be back!

if i dont spent time out on the bank or lake... i tweak and maintain...

slip stinker;; if you cant put a trolling motor on your yak;; how about a small sail??   get the exercise you want; and need;; but sometimes;; you might be to far out;;  tired;; worn out;; hurting;; a little mechanical help at that time could be a blessing!!

picturing it ... lol

hey Carl im happy just walking up to the shoreline, taking in the lake air and daydreaming.

if im out in the lake just floating better yet

im in heaven though with a tug on the line

20150904- ...------<")))))><(

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"💯...Spot on, Jeff!!"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Nice egg layer…..distinct orange ear tab…."
yesterday
Thumbnail

"Why is fishing addictive? Because you have a chance to catch fish like these….thanks for…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

"Monster in spawning colors…..really nice…..congrats on a good day and a great season…"
yesterday
Troy Dorman posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Wednesday
Wednesday
John Sheehan posted photos
Wednesday
Wednesday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

MAYLATEWWBASS

"Good report John…..most of our Lilly pads are now reaching the surface, so we will have…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Maylate24FODPickerel

"It was a tough windy outing ,Jeffrey but we got on a few with determination. We won't be…"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

MAYLATEWWBASS

"In a small patch of the earliest mature Lily pads and yes near the reeds in about 5 feet. Most pads…"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

LATE MAYWWGREGB

"Happy for him ,Men.Thanks!"
Wednesday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

LATE MAYWWGREGB

"Nice bass!"
Wednesday