Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I recently started using floro this year. I started using a slip bobber knots while vertical jigging, as a depth cheater. Whenever I catch a fish tho, the slip knot slides up the line. Then I have to start over on depth again. Never had this problem with mono. Anyone have any tips?

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the uni knot and mono line for my stopper knot and have had no slippage yet on flour or braid.

like David...I also use the uni knot and tie my own stops... lately I've been using thread to make my knot profile small and tight and lays on the spool small and shoots thru the guides less intrusively. I've never used it as a depth guide but have heard and read it being done... kinda neat idea. i like my depth sounder as a vertical jigging guide and is very addicting to watch and use. watch the jig being dropped to the fishes level and watch for their reaction. if i might suggest some highly visible thread as in orange or chartreuse tied with a uni knot... no slippage, low profile on the spool and high visibility might help your method

Great idea slipknot I'll get some bright orange thread and give it a try. In low light it would be easier to see. This site has some of the best tips.
I've been using the uni knots, but I bought them from wWalmart. Maybe time to upgrade to tying my own. Slip, do you have a flasher on your sonar or do you use a vexilar or the like? I have a vexilar fl20 and have been trying to find a way to mount on my boat.

i use the Lowrance Elite series 5 and 7 HDI that have flasher modes... being more of an open water fisherman... when used during ice fishing i still use the screens in sonar mode.

Appreciate the help guys

RSS

Latest Activity

Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Drone Shot of One of my Fishing Areas……6/25/2024

"Just curious where other anglers would start fishing for bluegill if they were dropped in this…"
10 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Drone Shot of One of my Fishing Areas……6/25/2024

I’ve caught quality and big numbers of Florida strain bluegill on this river system every year…
10 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

spoonjunebww

"Pretty largemouth…..John…"
10 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

449203266_10234620760320270_7533845636020135654_n

"Nice bluegill anywhere……hope you guys get back on them with the heat of the summer…"
10 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

2#Bass pickerel cove

"The Classic Eppinger Daredevil 2/5 oz. Imp Klicker Model. Classic Bait got a 2# Bass today.…"
13 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
13 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Sunday
Thumbnail

Trouble for my Eagle Claw/Z Man Plastic…….6/22/2024

"Yes…..especially large bass…I always hope to grab a picture and release but I want to…"
Sunday
Thumbnail

"I guess you fish 12 # test for Gills because of this possibility!"
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Thumbnail

"Thanks John…this was a train wreck on light tackle……I was fishing a foot deep…"
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"With a UV index of 11 today,I splashed early and picked up at nine. we’ve had low water for ten days in a row.Mixed six species for 88 fish"
Saturday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service