Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Eagle Claw hooks,Acme Spoons and Lures, Wylde edge rods and lures are made in the USA... anyone care to add to this list I'm compiling .Its pretty short right now and would love to see it grow.

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like 1/24 oz roostertail for panfish! Better to add a small ball bearing swivel for reduce line problem! You can tie about 12 to 18 inch leader to tie roostertail and fish don't see ballbearing swivel!
I know that Mepps made in USA.....Antigo in Wisconsin. Size 00 or 0 Mepps is good for panfish! Also St. Croix Rods made in USA....in Wisconsin. Now they have 7 ft ultralight rod but I don't see it yet. I have St. Croix 6 ft ultralight rod and I like it very much! Many crappie lures, jigheads and tubes made in USA!
That Mepps video from their site is great! http://www.mepps.com/about_us/

Parts are from Mepps France and the lures are indeed assembled in Antigo Wisconsin
Most of St Croix rods are made here. Lately they have come out with a couple product lines that are foriegn made. Have several of their rods, US made. steve b
CHATILLON fish scales are made in the USA at least mine is,and it is very acurite to boot.

gators bite
I don't think G-Loomis rods are built in the US any more since Shimino bought them out. If they are or if they were, I own about 10 of them. I won two Billy Pate fly reels built by Ted Juracsik. I believe they are made in Flordia.

My dryflyfloatboats are entirely built in Irons Michigan and the company orginally was founded in Lansing Michigan. I rate them as one of the 5 greatest fishing inovations in my life time.

All of my jigs are custom made by two different people and I am at their mercy because it is difficult to get them during the fishing season.

Many ice fishing jigs and teardrops are made in America by many local companies and individuals.
Was looking through the Cabelas boating catalog this morn and saw the MADE IN USA sticker for Minn Kota.

Thanks for the responses on this discussion guys!
You have to search each model out- for example, I believe the mainstream and higher priced St. Croix fly rods which are excellent are made in the U.S. but their entry level model is made in the Orient.
www.gapen.com
Pretty sure all their lures are home made. Not sure about their rods n reels.
ThanksTommy for reminding me of this guy. The great Dan Gapen .I have a few of his fine little fishing books
http://www.billeverhardt.com/index.htm

made in the USA

gators eat my fish
Water Gremlin Split Shot ...the bag says American Made...Makes American Jobs... Bulettweights split shot bag says packaged in El Salvador from partsmade in USA

You'd think that the Gremlins were more expensive but they were 30 cents cheaper and 10 more in the bag.They were bought at two different local shops though.
http://outdoorprostore.com/kitsjj.html

Thanks to R Willison for this link!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
12 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
12 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
12 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
12 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service