Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Where are you when it comes to fishing with Micro Tungsten jigs and micro plastics?... is it a fad?

Great article on ice panfishing in Jan-Feb 2015 issue of In-Fisherman

Don’t forget alot of these ice fishing tips are some-what applicable in the open water vertical jigging!

Views: 1748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The 4# flouro comes in at .008" but it is really low vis

ive been using NBB (nothing but braid)... sure had its problems earlier with freeze up... only used it in a shelter and above 30 deg days without shelter. i very rarely go ice fishing below thos e temps. switched it up to  Suffix ice Braid 6lb... very good results.... maybe should have gone to 4lb ... so very thin. to me thinness is key... flourocarbon leaders never made a difference for me. good results both ways.

The strongest, most durable small diameter ice braid.

Patent-pending construction of 8 fibers (7 Dyneema® fibers and 1 GORE® Performance Fiber) combined with a hydrophobic water-repellent protection that resist freezing.

some tungsten "micros"i have been playing with.been sick so haven't gotton on the ice to try em out.want to see how they fall and how the glow works with the u/v ice dubbing.

sorry to hear that jim get back on the ice  quick

thanks ss,noone seems to be doing real well right now anyway so i haven't missed much.some of the better public areas just opened as goose season ended.wind finally died down today .

Andy, something to think about.  BPS might not have tungsten jigs in the stores, but they do carry tungsten beads in the fly-tying section.  Get some good nymph hooks, and using the larger-sized tungsten beads, tie up your own tungsten jigs.

I had been thinking about that. I will see how I do with the off shelf 1/64 first.

I did order a handful of very small tungsten head bare jigs. Will probably tie something on at least a couple.

.2015.01.24-- micro tungstens at work today... gills in 24 ft of water

Nice! So much going on here that I will probably end up at the neighborhood pond. What's that thing on your head? ;^> There are kids riding bikes in T shirts in my cul de sac. I will wear a long sleeve T but no jacket when I walk over to the pond in a bit...

Thanks Andy!...

ha! its a performance beanie great during the summer to cool the head... wring with water and wear ... and i use it during the winter to layer with a hoodie

yeah ... i see your forecast ... good for you ... we will be stuck in the 20s... past few winter i actually feel like i live at the north pole.

RSS

Latest Activity

dick tabbert posted photos
6 hours ago
Troy Dorman posted photos
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
yesterday
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I made a couple up for you. Do you have sinking or floating ants John?"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Great tip for the Tiny Torpedo I've not tried on my go to Smallmouth Bass topwater Bait.…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Us old timers /old schoolers can relate.  Bass Week: Top 5 Old-School Lures that Still…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Great work Dick!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Flying carpenter ant

#6 curved shank hook
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Osprey Taking Flight…..4/14/2024

See dozens of these raptors every time you fish on the Albemarle….
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out behind five days in a row of high wind warnings….washing machine effect on our creeks but grinded out a mess…mix of crappie & bass"
Sunday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"Go get ‘em Tracy……fill up your stringer……."
Saturday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Thank you Jeffrey. Working on tying some different flies."
Saturday
tracy willis commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"thanks Jeff.  theyve colored up this week.  need to get back further in another creek to…"
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Very nice craftsmanship Dick!"
Saturday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"White crappie on the board!, good work Tracy….."
Saturday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by