Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I confess I didn't catch a fish last year , with shoulder surgery and a new hip last year I didn't have time to do anything but recovery . but now I'm Back.    I should be the poster boy for shoulder and hip surgery , I good as new so now it's time to catch some fish  in fact it's past time . 

I'm going to load up the coolers this year , last year I had to catch all my fish  " On Sale " .  I have already made some plans to fish new waters and go back to some old waters. I will have all three boats ready to go by the end of the month , actually it's just  two boats and one flatback canoe , but all  three are for different waters . The canoe I'll have to get registered because I'm putting a troll motor on it  . It will be used to chase smallmouth on Ozark clear mountain rivers . The small jon boat will be used on the Buffalo River ,  the first National River, And the bigger boat will be used on bigger rivers and oxbows chasing bluegill.                                                                                                              This fall I started using a GoPro and I'll try to video some of my catching trips using  a flyrod and a porcupine technique. I have had a great time filming the crappy cabin and the woods and trails , yes we are wearing the hogs out now , so stay tuned this is going to be a fun year !   LOFR

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's about time!!!! 

Happy for you LOFR!  Look forward to your posts this season........

Welcome back! Sounds to me like you never stopped thinking and planning about fishing even though you couldn't fish . Looking forward to your videos!

Welcome back, LOFR!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"Welcome Jim Cosgrove!"
2 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Multi Panfish
"AHEM !!! Nice Fish  lol"
2 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on Mikey-D's photo
Thumbnail

monster gill

"AHEM!! Nice Fish !"
2 hours ago
Mikey-D posted photos
19 hours ago
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's group Multi Panfish
"Wow, it ought to be a record somewhere."
20 hours ago
Mikey-D commented on John Sheehan's group Multi Panfish
"Hey guys have you all seen this one of my cousins neighbor caught this monster gill I think its a…"
22 hours ago
Profile Iconjim cosgrove and Eric Pierce joined John Sheehan's group
Thumbnail

Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique

The thought that made me think of starting this interactive group was losing fish and why it…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"GOOD NEWS ERIC!"
yesterday
Eric Pierce commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"I am John. Almost there. Had some scar tissue from colon surgery get tangled and wrapped up with…"
yesterday
"Heal well Eric ! Glad you're aboard!"
yesterday
Eric Pierce commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"Thank you for the add John. Haven't been fishing in a while. I had surgery on my gut and still…"
yesterday
"Welcome Eric Pierce! Look forward to your helpful input and experiences!"
yesterday
"This year I lost a jumping Bass that both brother Greg and I estimated at 6# , I had previously…"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Cody Broke The Ice With a Nice Channel…..8/7/2022

"Thanks John….I’m going to try to find some and give it a whirl…..catfish are…"
Monday
Monday
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Cody Broke The Ice With a Nice Channel…..8/7/2022

"I use crawler pieces on the floating Jig'-heads for Perch and Bullheads. Work…"
Monday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Thumbnail

Joe Tagged a Nice Channel Cat…8/7/2022

"Thanks John…..they were excited with the big pulls today……water temp was 89.7…"
Sunday
Sunday

© 2022   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service