Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

AS I sit here pondering how to start this I"m listening to " WALTZING MATILDA" by the Seekers. I associate the song with my time spent in Austrailia as a young man ..... They have a different outlook on life because of how they started out there and difficulties of existence in the outback. The movie called " ON THE BEACH" with Ava Gardner and Gregory Peck , is a tragic love story that ends poorly... The title song plays throughout the whole movie off and on . Guess this is what makes me so sad and moody sometimes..... Now onto life and what his has brought me .

My old friends of I now talk more about fishing , than actually doing it. Why is this , cause it's so much trouble to get everyone together at the same time. We are all too busy in life and seem to be busier than ever . It isn't just me seeing this change, I'm sure.....My old buddy P. A. #1 is sick again , and can't fish much anymore. My old buddy Al , has a really busy schedule as well with personal things. My oldest son Andy has to work to provide for his family . Youngest son Brian is busy doing the same and fishes for bass anyway , so that leaves him out by species selection. None of any of these things are these guys faults of course. Just life as we pass through it and sometimes endure it and relish in it....

Guess the only thing that saves me is this site and what it has brought to me . Friends which are always good , and knowledge . Knowledge is the key and how do we pass it on ? We do it through here is all . With the idea that ya can't take it with ya so why not give it to someone who can use it. A PERSON COULD SPEND ALL DAY READING ON HERE AND LEARN AS MUCH AS ANY BOOK ON THE SHELF TODAY, "THANKS BRUCE " FOR STARTING THE SITE...

WE are all so blessed to have folks who are readily sharing knowledge daily . EVERYDAY without exception some one is on here posting pics and telling how they got the quarry to begin with . All ya gotta do is read , not much simpler.

LIFE TAKES PLACE IN SPITE OF OUR WISHES , and I guess the sooner we realize this the better off we'll be . What I mean to say is we wish it could go on forever with our old friends , that are like a well worn pair of work gloves , or a warm pair of boots to go out in the winter storms with .Relish the friendships and appreciate them all because each one is different from the others .
   THERE ARE LOTS OF FOLKS ON HERE I'D LIKE TO MEET BUT PROBABLY NEVER WILL ... THAT IS UNFORTUNATE because Ive built friendships on here different than here at home .
    IS IT JUST ME or is the WHOLE WORLD GOING NUTS ? Seems that way when ya watch the news nightly... People are busier than ever and I don't know why , MAYBE IT'S CHASING THE ALMIGHT DOLLAR, but ya gotta think there is more to it than that. I"ve started liquidating all my collections of stuff , BOOKS WENT TO SLEEPY, RODS TO JEFF SUCHMAN, and scores of tying materials to lllots of guys on here . Why not see someone else get some enjoyment out of the items I"ve been looking at and using for years ........ pass it all on to someone who appreciates it guys ..

IF YA DON'T THEN IT'S LIKE " TEARDROPS IN THE RAIN , LOST FOREVER"......

"KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY , and with the likes of Sir Jeffrey , Jim Gronaw, and all the rest we would be poorer. especially when they give so freely of a concept or technique of fishing .....
    TOOTY

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Here, here!

your right tooty;; with wisedom; comes knowledge!!  for all of us here at bbg;; to give freely;; to our friends;; is one of the greatest  gifts!!  we all share a definite passion; for our little blue gill;; and we all give suggestions;; on how to be better at catching them!!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
23 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
23 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
23 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
23 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service