Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Okay Mark, as discussed, here are a few things about your unit, which you want to know, and how to use:

Unit's info: http://www.humminbird.com/Products/598ci-HD-SI-Combo/

Unit's Manual: http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=3101

Unfortunately, not much on the unit's in term of videos. However, I know that unit pretty well, since it's merely an upgrade from mine.

What you're looking for is the Fish ID plus, to switch from arches for sonar return for fishes and structural info, to Fish ID icon and structural info.

If you want to turn the arch info into Fish ID icons, use pages 124 (Fish ID alarm) and 131 (Fish ID +, which needs to be on to have the alarm active) of the PDF manual To do this, do the following after turning the unit on:

1. Press Menu to activate menu screen.

2. Use your left-right arrow keys to select the 2nd tab called SONAR.

3. Use your up-down arrow keys to select Fish ID +. Turn it on.

4. Go back, and turn your Fish ID Sensitivity down a bit to either 5 or 6, to detect even the smallest, ground hugging fish. No more.

5. Use your up-down keys to move back to the tabs above, then left-right keys to move among the tabs. Now move your selection highlight back to #1 tab, which is ALARMS.

6. Use your up-down keys to get to Fish Alarms, and select all fish alarm icons.

Just a warning. Any fish, even at 1" length, will sound off the alarm for the smallest fish indicator. That means if it detects weeds that may appear to be fishes, it will return back a false positive. I normally select between medium and large for my Fish ID alarm. This way, anything above 5 inches and above to return back, with very minimal return of negative results.

Views: 1077

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly. The GPS on the phone (as long as you use the internal GPS and not based on phone's triangulation using cell towers), will provide a bit more accuracy. Smartphones nowadays are using higher level GPS receiver than the fishfinder GPS circuit boards. However, higher end fishfinder actually utilize a much higher end GPS receiver than the older models' Sirf I and II series. They're utilizing the high end Sirf IV and MKT chipsets that will provide +/- 15ft of accuracy, when there are at least 5 satellites to base the average from. The older ones, even with 5 satellites, you still get that +/- X miles of poor accuracy.

Smartphones don't mean they're smart. Smartphones means you have to provide ideal conditions for them to be smart.

How to dropshot using electronics.

http://youtu.be/-c7vklooZq4

thank you Dick for the post

Mark I have never done drop shoting. I would love to get out and try it but my schedule hasn't allowed me the option as of yet. It is very interesting and sounds like a very productive way to catch fish. Of course on the video's I've been posting its there job to make it look easy and productive and they have got my full attention.

How to read a fish finder

http://youtu.be/8155r8G5Eqw

Thanks for the post Dick

Your welcome kind sir. Just trying to find some interesting a knowledgeable info for the finders. There is so much out there with so many different skill levels and improving all the time.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
16 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
16 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service