Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Hey guys I'm new to this website and I love it. I do have some questions though. I have been wanting to get a canoe. what are some good brands and how much should i pay at the MOST!!! :-)

Views: 765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Josh, for low cost, Coleman makes good canoe's, for light weight Radisson is great, and for a stable built like a tank canoe you can't beat a Gheenoe.
http://www.gheenoe.net/
http://www.bwmarineproducts.com/canoes.htm
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5739558
i have a 15.5 foot Pelican. it was less than 300.00 and it has worked out pretty dang good. it is durable enough for river trips, and stable enough for standing in on the lake. Someday i am gonna get a 17 foot Old Towne, but as far as a first canoe, i think i made a prett good choice.
I just bought a Pelican Dakota (15 1/2 foot) and I love it.
My preference would have been the Mad River Adventurer 14 but $$$
led me to the Pelican.

Wenonah makes a great canoe in any material you would want for fishing. The bigger question is do you plan to fish alone or with others? Do you want to car top or have a small trailer? Do you want to use a motor or just paddle? If you want a canoe for fishing that is capible of a small motor and usually comes with a trailer look at a Gheenoe. These are harder to find as you get further from Florida where they are made but a great fishing canoe. If you intend to fish both alone and with another person, Mohawk has a 17' tripper that has the option of a third seat. That sounds like more question than answer but spending hard earned money on something you have not tried usually is. Maybe the best answer is buy a $500 aluminum canoe on Craig's list that is in good shape and try fishing from it. If you like it what you will learn will help you to decide what you want and what you want will tell you how much you will spend. After you buy what you want, you will still have the $500 aluminum canoe to take kids and friends along to help them learn if canoe fishing is for them. Any way you slice it you will be happy fishing from a canoe if that is what you want to do. If you try to do it because its cheap, that is how it will feel and you will never be happy with that. Well thats a bigger mouth full than that hybrid I'm holding. Good luck.
stay away from the round bottom canoes,to easy to flip.the old town that Doug mentioned is a good choise as is the coleman their bottoms are not round and tend to flaten out with loads and very stable.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
16 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
19 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service