Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm stationed at Shaw AFB in Sumter SC. The fishing here is great once you find out where the buggers are hiding.

I like to see what folks are using and what their rigging ideas are.

This is what gets to to the fish. A Vapor 10. I have a console that clips to the cockpit combing. It is made of PVC pipe with a board to mount the fish finder..pliers..rod holder..and an adjustable mount for my phone so I can shoot video or use mavrick for navigation. The mount is made from a paint roller so it makes a great place to stage my lures.

I have an LED light mast on the back. Made that from pipe and led strips from amazon.

The anchor trolley needs some work. I will move the read pulley forward a few inches to help it work more smoothly.

My stake out pole is an aluminum broom handle that is partly filled with sand to make sure it hits bottom point down. The point is a a paint roller handle. The roller part was cut off and the stud that was left sticking out was sharpened. It works great.

I can go out and buy ready made equipment but I like the challenge of using other items. Its cheap n saves the money for more fishin trips.

What do yall roll around in?

Views: 1295

Replies to This Discussion

Be advised that you have to be VERY careful when running any kind of set lines from a kayak, like Trotlines, limblines, bank lines, etc.  It's VERY easy to run into complications and trouble in a vessel as small as a kayak, when you have a large, powerful, ANGRY cat on a short line.  Keep a knife handy, and preferably a partner.

Brian, something.  You had a very nice idea of using roller paintbrush to hang lures on.  However, you might want to swap that out with a small section of pool noodle.  Easier to remove hooks from.

I like that Idea Allen. Your right if the hook goes too deep it don't wanna come out. A big cat can be a challenge to wrestle. I did a little limb lining on the capefear river from a canoe. The water was fast and it whipped my boat all over the place.
Also, let me extend my thanks for the voice of reason, Allen. I know its hard won advice. Thanks for looking out.
Ill also concur that closed cell foam in its many forms, has 1001 uses. I actuallt collect the stuff!

I make my jugs out of, and use it to pad the crossbars on my vehicle to cushion my yak.  I've thought about zip-tying a short length to the top of my milk crate, to hang various lures on as I take them off.  But then, I'm going to be getting into my plano boxes anyway, so I just put them back.

It would let um dry before puttin um back in the box
Yeah I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for a large hunk of packaging foam to cushion my canoe in the truck.
Okay gillyakkers, paddlers and plastic boaters, it's official:
I'm now the owner of a very nice Mad River Adventure 14 hybrid canoe.
The Chehalis float tube is officially up for sale, and I will ship! LOL
Yey congrats!!! Now go break her in. I may have some pool noodle type foal sheets available. Ill check when I get home. What size would you like.
I'm hoping to get her out Monday.
As for foam, no need to send me any. I'll find something. In fact, I believe I have some big pieces in the shed.
Did ya get to try it? How did it go?
Not yet; Monday had other plans.
But I'm not in a hurry- I'll own it for years!
Thats true. I am really hopin to get some hydro therepy this weekend ; weather permitting I will try to explore some deeper parts of sparkleberry swamp.

RSS

Latest Activity

dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Goldfish jigs.

"Thanks John."
5 hours ago
Thumbnail

Goldfish jigs.

"I hope they work. I do have a couple of other colors which I'll post later. Thanks Jeffrey."
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

The Importance of Steady Water Levels During the Spawn….3/18/2024

This caught my eye at lunch this morning, one of my local rivers has remained at a steady level for…
5 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Goldfish jigs.

"Very creative mind coupled with excellent craftsmanship…..these are fish catchers Dick!"
8 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Goldfish jigs.

"Excellent work, Dick!"
9 hours ago
dick tabbert posted a photo

Goldfish jigs.

My new tie. Made out of a 1/16oz jig with a #4 hook.
13 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Joe Got a Birthday Present at 8:55……3/17/2024

"Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour has a tournament on the Albemarle the first week of June…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

"These are Joe’s two biggest largemouth bass and I was the only person there for…"
yesterday
yesterday
Thumbnail

Son-In-Law's Personal Best Largemouth......6.5 Pounds.......5/12/2020

"This was Joe’s previous personal best largemouth…..although it may appear larger it…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

"Very shallow John….right where we were catching good crappie numbers…this is only…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

"He was tickled…..he caught her at 9:00 this morning on an undercut…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Kept a Dozen Fryers…..3/17/2024

"Thanks Slip….this is perfect….mostly smaller males to scale and filet…..I can…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Joe’s First Bite This Morning……3/17/2024

"Thanks Slip…..this brackish water has such a great food supply so all of these fish are very…"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's status
"Thanks Slip…….it was one of those spring trips you hope for……this was…"
yesterday
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's status
"sounds like a great birthday!"
yesterday
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
yesterday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service