Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Well, this is it! Mr. Sikkila and I set sail to hunt down some gills in the morning! We will have the results Saturday evening! All I can say is....GOOD TIMES AHEAD!!!!

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fish should be afraid.....very afraid!...........good luck guys, I'm sure you'll put the hurt on 'em
You'll probably never have a better chance to get a great picture of your fish!! :-)
"The day of the gill!.......Rain or shine!.......were talkin fish slime!....lol!.....I can feel the rod bending allready!....lol!.....Will be posting pics of course!.....
Guys, you have no idea how pumped I am! I'm tired as heck and feverishly tying flies still and its almost 11pm! Thanks for luck! Go Team Thumper!!
What a great day! The fishing wasn't the best though. We did manage to get some very nice fish, no hogs but close! This outing was just the first of many! Thanks again John for a great time! Pictures will up later tonight from the both of us!
Good catch this weekend. I was planning on going out but almost had a heart attack. My daughter got sick and had a seizure. Scared me senseless. She better now and hope we can get out there this afternoon. Good morning of fishing again.
Tommy, I hope your daughter is OK. Keep us updated.
Is anybody else seeing these photos all stretched out?
Yes....It is rather stretched. BBG.com is set up for a screen resolution of 1024x768. This photo was uploaded with a screen res. of 2000 x1229.....To prevent stretching in forums, resize pics to a max pixel width of 600.
Looks great on my end! I'm running a 20" iMac. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
This is how it works.....70% of internet users have a screen resolution setting of 1024x768....at this resolution, the entire screen is utilized for standard size computer monitors....wide screen monitors are capable of reading images beyond the 1024x768 format of this site however, normal size monitor screens will read the height of the photo, but will limit its width to 600-735 pixels, or 6-7.35"....creating the stretched effect.
This will occur in all forums.....To prevent stretching, resize landscape images to 6"x4.5"....and limit potrait images to a width of 4.5".

This will allow everyone to see your beautiful pics!

Pics that are uploaded to your personal photos or albums are automatically formatted, and are not effected.
Ahhhhh!....Got it!......."Anything" kinda goes on our personal photo albums.....shrink em a "tat" for the others!........thanks Bill for the "heads up" once again!...appreciate it!.....I missed my "normal" sized screen of my old monitor but after replacing it with my widescreen....would never go back to the older screen size.....It took awhile to "adjust" to it but still like it now.....

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service