Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Secrets aren't really secrets if you just pay attention!

I discovered a time of when and when not to tell a secret today. It was rainin and my young man arthritus kicked up so i decided to just grab a bucket and sit on the dock under the pavilion rather than drag the boat out today. Old aches or just me being lazy I wasnt gettin out in the mess haha. There was a group of people fishin around me and not catchin a thing I was steady pullin up fish. As I watched in between the bites the few they did catch went in the bucket. It didnt matter if it was a 2" bream or a 8"bass It went in the bucket. Well needless to say Me and the wife found a heck of a whole yesterday. The bite was on but it was like the only place you could get it was in this hole just a lil bigger than a coffee can and it took a certian kinda swing to get the bait rested rite. I had five fish that averaged about 6" to 8" and decided that was enough to put with the 15 we kept yesterday for tonights supper. So me being me I put on a show. 2 bream busters and a rod and reel. I got everything set up baited and dropped in. Set 2 in the whole and short corked the other really close. Id pull the short cork up and put a fresh cricket on after every other fish from the other poles. I was pullin fish out every 45 sec to a min and every thing I was catchin I was throwin rite back in. After at least 15 fish and my demond inner child was thru laughin I pulled out and told the group that was keepin everything "come sit here the fish are bitin." I even give them some crickets me bein a nice guy and all. I was really wanting to see if they were payin attention to what I was doin or just drewllin over the fish. Well turns out I left the dock a legend again. I sat and watched 30 mins and they didnt catch a thing. Never once tried another presentation, depth, or bait. They sure didnt notice the whole that was 2ft deeper in the one spot where the fish were. The old man that sits at the dock I chat with all the time just shook his head and give a lil chuckle under his breath after I returned from loadin my truck to sit and chat and watch. He said "Boy you ain't rite!" "You ought to be ashamed of yourself for doin that cause them folks gonna sit there for the next 2 hours tryin to catch them fish outta that underground holla you been fishin in." I smiled and asked "You want me to tell em before I leave?" and he paused for a min, smiled and said "naaaa. Ima bring the grand baby up tomorrow we better leave a few for her to catch." Ive learned to quit being glutness because of this website and at the same time people see that and show me new lil tricks to show off with now! haha.

Thanks Bruce

Mayo

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cruelty is fun sometimes
Yea that hole is still there and still producing! LOL!
I'm ashamed of you , Jeremy, Good Job!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
5 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
5 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service