Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

here is what my paint booth looks like now, kind of resembles a cardboard box LOL. Any body got any ideas for an economical paint booth. Plans for a wood one? I would like something easy to store too.  for now I just toss this box on the boat but the sides of the box restrict movement of the airbrush. Plus there is now ventilation.

Views: 2636

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent set up.. teach me

Mark I think your box set up is more than capable of doing what its meant to do and it's lite enough you can get it out of the way when your not using it.

You could construct a more durable booth, probably with better light reflection from the plastic campaign signs that should be available in abundance about now. They are corrugated plastic, lightweight and very durable. Five signs and some duct tape should put you in business.

Jesse that is a great idea and with the white backing you wouldn't need lots of lite and being plastic it would last forever.

I worked as a finisher in a Cabinet shop many years ago. Our paint booth was the same as your, but a larger scale of course.  The only thing that you could change to make it a little safer for the sprayer is to install a vent fan.  The fan would do a couple of things. First, it would pull the overspray away from the other items in the booth.  Second, it would also remove it from the area that you are breathing.  I would use the smallest cage fan I could fined at Wallyworld.  I would mount it in mid way up in one  of the back corners of the booth, depending on which hand you spray with (the opposite corner).  Mount it to pull air from the front of the booth and out the back.  Next, buy a cheap HVAC filter from Wallyworld and cut it to fit over the fan on the booth side of the fan so that it pulls the air through the filter medium and out the back.  You'll find you won't need to run the fan very fast to move the air.  Happy spraying.

Great job on the cloths pin holders.  Could you do a video of you spraying the poppers?  Could you also talk about your set up and tools you use?

Thanks.

Thanks Kibaer; I am actually trying to learn to edit video but I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, when it comes to video know how. dull in fact! LOL!!

In the mean time flytyingforum.com has some good stuff on painting if you feel like browsing. kirk dietrich has some good videos there where he uses a copic airbrush. 

For my set up, I use a "Husky" oilless compressor from home depot to power my airbrushes. I have a couple Paashe VL and a couple of Badger airbrushes.  The one in the pic in the original post is a badger 100 sg  and is the one I use the most. I like it because it only holds about four drops of paint at a time so I don't waste a bunch. also I think its a little easier to clean. As far as paints I love Createx air brush paints but any paint will spray if its thinned enough and I use the acrylics from Walmart a lot too. They can be thinned with water.

Try using Windows movie maker to edit videos. It's super simple and there should a be a walk through on there. If you need some help message me and i can try to give you a hand.

Looks like it gets job done. As far as plans for new one, Take a look at some of the model car building websites. Good ideas on some of them for small paint booth.

That's what I was thinking. I used one like that to paint car and airplane models back in the day.

Heck Mark I think thats a pretty nice set up! Maybe a fan to get rid of fumes?

Is that a Badger 100 brush?

it is a badger 100!  good eye Lee. I have an old computer in the attic wonder if the fan runs on 120 v.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
17 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service