Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I know some of you guys have been out fishing, but I haven’t been. This weekend might have been my first opportunity in a while with this warming trend we have experienced the last two days. Thanks to a unusually warm day yesterday, my ice dams on my roof are mostly gone.

It started to snow around Thanksgiving time and except for a few days it hasn’t stopped. I have attached a few pictures of what it looked like a couple of weeks ago at my house. I know some of you die hard guys wouldn’t let a little snow keep you from fishing, but it is the only excuse I have.

The snow is over the bumpers and I park it under a big white pine. The handle sticking out of the snow on the right is attached to my snow blower.

My driveway and why it is a must to have snow tires and all wheel drive. On the right is the 5' plastic strip that shows my address.

This is a picture of my deck. I had just cleaned off all the snow a couple of days before but not the table on the left.

The season is closed on the river, but without snow shoes it wouldn’t make any difference anyway.

So how is the weather where you live, like I really want to know. Ha ha ha!

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Photobucket

Its a beautiful 73degrees in mobile al. We took full advantage of it and went out doin some crappie fishing. Caught 6 slabs in just a couple hours trollin and jigg in open water. Coulda caught more but when we finally found the schools with the bigger fish we ran outta bait! Did I mention it was 73degrees here today!
The ice is coming off the lakes and ponds here. I tried to fish for bluegill, but ended up catching one 11.5 inch yellow perch. I'll give it a try on Wednesday again.

Thunderstorms tonight! Highs today in the upper 30's.
I don't blame you for NOT going fishing.....I don't think I'd be doing much with that snow either!!!
hey ray i am sure you like it up there ,but it was in the seventy's here in Bayou Chicot Louisiana today.
have you ever thought about moving south,man that looks cold,a cajun could not live in that,his web toes would freeze together.

gators got big mouths
Gators eat lil jon boats to! Aint it nice to be in the south shooter. Were rubbin it in now but come round august.........naw we will still be glad to be in the south. EWWW I HATE ICE AND SNOW!
Is that Earth?
LMAO....LMAO!!!
Tasteygills,

Is that Lake Winnabago? It's a little colder in
Appleton, but we get more snow across the lake.

I envy you guys down south, but we get out share of good weather too. We love the snow. lol
Yea I bet! Bout like we love our 110 degree summers. When all you can do is jump off the boat and swim a few min in 95degree water just to cool down so you can keep fishin. I can take the heat over the cold anyday.
Yeah, but WE get our share and yours, TOO! :-) rofl

6pm and it's 77F here in SE Texas. Gotta love it!

btw, I have a severe allergy to ANY place that gets that white stuff on the ground!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
17 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service