Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

which is a better line mono filament of fluorocarbon

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i meant 2 say or in the middle of mono filament and fluorocarbon
For me, neither. I haven't used anything but braid (with only a couple small exceptions) for any of my fishing, for anything from Sunfish to Sturgeon, for the last 15 years.

I just can't handle kinky, coily, stretchy monofilament anymore, even though I used it for the first 25 years. Once I got used to braid, I could never go back.

I do always use fluorocarbon, and sometimes regular mono, as a leader though.

Oh, for my Bluegill fishing, I use a 2 lb diameter, 10 lb test braid.... leader is usually 4 or 6 lb fluorocarbon.

Peace,
Fish
Hey Fish, I'm using pretty much the same thing with PowerPro Braid with 4 lbs Vanish Fluorocarbon leader!!!! It works good for me!!!!
Brim Reaper, what I use depends on the depth of water I'm fishing along with the presentation, e.g., spoons, ice jigs, plain hook, etc. For deeper water ( > 12 feet), I like using braided line and then a fluro leader ( 2lb or 4lb Vanish). For shallower water, I like using Stren hi-vis yellow (mono) with a fluro leader ( 2lb or 4lb Vanish ). I like the hi-vis because I can see line movement if I'm tight lining ( no bobber ). When I drop shot, I use the same approach...the type of line depends on the depth (and clarity) of the water. Hope this helps.
IceWarrior, Blackhawk, and sometimes you too 2lb ??? Even on a site which is primarily for Sunfish ? I'm really surprised !
You guys don't know how often I find myself among the majority.
This is kind of freaking me out ! Like I don't know how to act ! ;-)

But anyway, yea..... You probably won't find another subject which I am SOOO opinionated about.

Braided line is where its at.

Peace,
Fish
i have slowly been switching over to sufix performance braid with a 3 to 4 ft leader of fluro. and i love this set up. to me a more responceive set up. i can even catch those little baite steelers. ialso use it on all my salt water stuff that i fish with. you cant beat the braid
You guys better stop ! Your freaking me out over here ! ;-)

What ? Nobody here uses mono ?

Of course I totally agree with you guys. Braid with a mono, or fluoro leader is where it's at.... I've just never been to any forum, at any time, where "everybody was doing it".

BTW, In my post before, I meant to say, > You guys don't know how "rarely" I find myself among the majority. br />
Peace,
Fish
Berkely Pro Grade flourocarbon is the first flouro I've found thats suitable for spooling up the whole reel. Used at spring trout camp this april last. Other flouro's Ive tried only suitable as tippet/leader mat'l.. Fishing mtn runs for Brookies means MANY snags and tree hook-ups, so I don't use braid there. Most of my reels now carry Fireline of various weights, and get a leader of flouro.. steve b
I use 2 lb Maxima finest mono out there. I tried the fire wire once and didn't like the feel of it or the way it seemed to 'float' on the water... I'd like to try braid but not sure which is best and what knots to tie for maximum strength.
Rob

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
2 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
21 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service