Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Went in for a cortisone injection this morning. Same shoulder was injected last Summer. Doc had the shot on the tray and was just finding the spot on ultrasound when he noticed the tear is bigger. No shot for you! MRI and surgery.

I won't know for sure until he sees MRI, but the recovery will be somewhere between 1 and 6 months before I would be able to paddle. One of my paddling buddies responded to my pity party email to remind me he bought a 19' center console over the winter. Might also be bugging Jeffrey sooner than I thought since some other plans may get scuttled.

Views: 1281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry to here that... are you able to cast?

Probably after a shorter wait; will get a better idea after MRI but will only be certain after surgery.

There's always fixed line, left handed. If I catch something I would have to be hold it in my teeth to take it off the hook, though...

yet another reply after a little more research. I need to learn to cast left handed. I will probably be able/allowed to reel with my right hand much sooner than I will be able to use it for casting and hook setting. Abrupt motions are bad even without a heavy load. I do need to go easy though; my left shoulder is not as bad as my right; that is different than saying it is my "good" one. I don't have a "good" one.

Sorry to hear the about the problems Andy....You should be good as new when all the waiting is over with though, Right....Hope it's the lesser amount of time on the recovery process though....Good luck....

Here's hoping you can get back to the things you love ASAP.......good luck and you can get to some fish other ways as you know!

Totally understand that ANdy....About every 30 to 45 days I go through a minor surgery procedure to remove some fatty tumers that have gotten quite large and very tender.....They are hereditary so nothing can be done about them except removal, and only after they become tender....Dr will only remove no more than three at a time....seems I always have stiches any more....

Wow. Stories like yours make me feel bad for complaining. I had a knee done last year and that was the first surgery since having my tonsils out 50 years ago. I will probably end up having both shoulders, the other knee and right hip done at some point but hopefully only once each and spaced out over years. And maybe they will come up with less invasive procedures for the ones that just need cleaned up; the shoulder about to be done is the only one that definitely needs a repair.

Andy 

Not sure if this would help but a friend used an electric assist reel when he had hand problems. May be worth a look

http://www.adaptiveoutdoorsman.com/pf-100.html

I think I will be able to reel with my right except for very early in recovery. My arm will be in a sling for a while but the primary purpose will be to keep the elbow against the ribs. It will be okay to move wrist and fingers pretty freely.

Andy-- very sorry to hear you  have shoulder trouble!  be sure not to rush the healing process!!  might do more damage!!

Yeah, I know. It's a bitter pill to swallow as I had great plans for trips this season. The risk of doing additional damage outweighs the potential rewards.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
14 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
17 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service