Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Looking for a longer rod for jig and float looks like my options for ultralight moderate fast falls in the 8, 10, 11' range what would you choose and why? Not looking at Tenkara or Keiryu fixed line rods as I will be fishing some deeper water with this as well

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CRAIG;; B N M RODS; ALSO COME IN 2 PIECE RODS; HECK BUDDY; I HAD MINE AT THE LAST RENDEVOU !  WITH MINE; I HAVE A  REEL MOUNTED ON IT;; 12 FT LONG; VERY LIGHT;; EXTREMLY SENTIVE TO !

Thanks Carl cheap enough I think I will check these out.

I use an 7',6"Berkeley Dough series and an 8' Slab Seeker, Zebco. With Daiwa UL reels . Cost effective  and they catch well. Both 2 pc rods.Very soft tips ,strong butts.

Thanks, I tried the Trout Dough series of rods and the 3 I got were very poor quality I returned them all.

What was the problem Craig ? I got mine given to me so I can't complain about cost .

One the cork was so thin that when I locked the reel down the cork split, the second the cork was cracked down the grip, the last had spots that if I pushed it was so soft that the cork flexed when gripped. The blank itself was solid, I could have probably had them redone with better cork and seats but that defeated the purpose for me.

Ah, yes I bought a Berkley/ China  rod that did the same thing .I've squirted in gorilla Glue and sanded twice now on that $ 25 Bass  rod .I still catch fish on that rod but I hear  what you're saying .

I got mine at Cabela's. 8 footer vary limber I like it but after using short 5 or 5 1/2 footer for so long it takes some getting use to.

Yep switching lengths does take some getting used to that is for sure.

I'll tell you exactly the rod I went out and wrote the info down.

Temple Fork Outfitters FW881 8' UL

Signature series

Line wt 2 to 6 lb test 

Lure Wt 1/32 to 3/16 oz.

I did catch a 18 lb catfish out of my pond on it Monday.

Thanks I'll keep this in mind if the other ones don't pan out.
Also found these from Lew's which seem to get really nice reviews and cheaper yet.

http://www.lews.com/rods-wallysolo.php

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
18 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
21 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service