Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

i'm looking into my first kayak just looking for some suggestions.want something affordable as well as roomy I'm 6'3" 250lbs

Views: 1366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dick, I gotta totally disagree w/ Leo. I've been tube fishing for about 7 years now. I sometimes have lower back problems and got tired in my first tube because the seat didnt support the back but a year or so ago I got a Fishcat (around $200) and I can fish all day. Like sitting in an easy chair like Greg said. Has superior visability and easy to get in & out of. Can get to so many more places than a boat. Dont need a ramp for launching. Its the Only way I fish! Take a look thru my photos to get a better idea. Great way to stay cool in 100 degree fishing daus.

Jen, argument accepted. I was talking more of the standard $150 float tube, where you being pushed forward most of the time. Fish Cat, including the deluxe model, or even the ODC and high end Prowler, you're rolling in luxury. Mine is the standard Caddis Nevada gold, rolling old school U-boat style. LOL. For a small frame person, it's plenty of wiggling room. Add on a personal floatation device (not the fancy inflated-on-contact with water), a few rods, a few equipment, and you're pretty much strapped in tight. I'm 5'11", 204lbs, large frame Asian. So, the Caddis is a tad tight for me. Would love to roll with the Prowler or the Fish Cat, but decided with the pontoon instead. I was thinking of getting the Prowler or the Scadden Escape. But, I wanted to go further, faster, and more mobility.

Oh, forgot, one more thing. Dick, unless you're floating, and I mean just floating, in one area no more than 1/4 mile x 1/4 mile on calm water all day long, you'll be having quite a bit of fun exercising your quads and calves fighting currents and wind. It's not to discourage you at all from float tubing. However, just to be informative on all aspects of tubing, I need to toss everything in about tubing.

But, Jen is right. When it's hot, tubing in cool water is the way to go.

Wow exercise I can enjoy what could be better than that, oh catching some fish along the way. LOL

I really wasn't in the market for a tube but you gut are twisting my arm. I use to river fish for years and it would take it's toll on my back standing in the river fighting the current. When I come home I would have the boys walk on my back and that would give me some relief. Been up in Northern Michigan rented canoes cause I like doing things with the boy's. Again my back so I'm thinking a kayak will be out of the question just comparing to the canoe. But being I have never fished out of a kayak I don't think I can give an opinion on the mater one way or the other. But you have my interest what kind of tube do you have.

what kinda pontoon do you have leo that interests me as well as the float tubes

Dave Scadden SunRise (but the model is 2008), not 2012. Nothing new but the color and the pontoon bladder upgrades designed with thicker materials for the bottom to take on the rough creeks. Mine is already at the top of its class to handle the worst that you can face..this will take it to the next level.

Leo that looks cool and you can stand tooooooo. I love it.

Great point, Leo anyone considering buying a tube needs to sit in it before buying to make sure its a comfortable fit. Thank goodness for Cabelas, Bass pro, etc because you can try them on for size.
i will definetly check it out
the dave scaddens are serious machines woooooohhhhh

You betcha. Did nearly a year of research on his machine before buying it, with over 50 criteria and the at minimal of 5 years in continual usage on all types of water. I did my homework with a heck of a check list, including what kind of hellish modification I can perform on it. I'm a mod-squad freak. I'll show you the final result in about a week. The original, and the common mods, and the tricked out version.

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted a photo
2 hours ago
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
10 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
Thursday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Wednesday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
Wednesday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
Wednesday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."