Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I just bought a Nikon D5000 SLR camera. Got a great deal I just could not pass up. Also got a second lens, a VR Zoom Nikkor 55-200 mm lens (has motion stabilizer).   I'm not a professional photographer, but do appreciate nice photos and good, quality cameras.  My little Samsung TL105 was so limited, but it remain be my "fishing camera"...an inexpensive one that I can take out in my float tube for quick pics

Any camera buffs out there?  I've seen some great photos on this site.

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am always looking for a good camera, especially something with a good macro. For a fishing camera, I would leave that one home and take the the other, just in case a lunker grabs your line and pulls you in...lol!!!

Tight Lines,

Mike

Don't worry Mike!  The wife already gave me the "rules" of using this camera..."You do not take it out on your float tube, and only in the boat if you are not fishing and can keep it hanging on your neck!"  ...Yes dear....

WELL, You certainly cannot blame out of focus blurry shots on your equipment now! You didn't specify what the other lens is? Hopefully its a wide angle, because the 55-200 covers portraits and tele shots. If your 1st lens is not a wide angle, I would look to either trade, or purchase a wide angle lens, at least 24mm if not wider. Remembering that with digi SLR's you lose some of the lens (because the actual chip is not full size 35mm) even a 17mm is not an extreme wide lens. It does not have to be a stabilized lens, unless you shoot a lot in dark situations where your lens is wide open and your shutter speed is very slow.

Buy several mem cards and shoot your butt off. and don't be afraid to delete. Thats the fun of digi

The D5000 is a very nice piece of equipment......keep it dry. The Olympus Tough is a great float tube option....waterproof, shockproof and shoots 720i vid.......just around $200
I have an SLR and love it, but for fish and fishing I just use a pocket digital camera, a cheapie in case it gets ruined. all my pics on here are taken with it, and they turn out pretty good

I always carry my pocket digital, even when fishing my local pond. When I'm in the boat, and I'm usually by myself, so I have it mounted on a clamp so I can snap "I ain't lyin" photo's with the timer...this works out well

nice setup!

I have a Nikon Coolpix 8700 digital camera. It has all kinds of computerized settings for taking different shots: Backlight, Close-up, Portrait, Party, even Fireworks, etc.

Had to do a lot of experimenting to see which setting works best for each different situation. If the flash goes off when photographing a Crappie....it turns snow white! So I use a different setting.

It's not necessarily the features on the camera, but the creativity of the person taking them. Michael Thompson has some of the nicest shots posted, that I've seen. And he's using a (cheapie) digital pocket camera.

I do agree with everyone else that you should take as many shots as you can, and hopefully when you get home, there is a hand full of great shots!

Now show us some pics of those CA monsters!

Just remember- Nat Geo photogs always said if you got one keeper out of a roll of 36 exposures, you were doing good, so look at everything you shoot and be self critical about framing, exposure, level horizons, each element that contributes to what makes a good photograph a great photograph...learn from your mistakes, erase em and shoot again!

Doug,

I am planning to mount my camera like yours. I have a Bass Tacker with a small windshield and was looking for a clamp to hook to the windshield. Where did you find yours and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks,

SeaRay

B and H Photo is a pretty good source for camera mounts. Try this site, and you'll find several at 30.00...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Vehicle-Mounts/ci/4022/N/4276734443

My Girlfriend is looking at Pentax KR

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
7 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service