Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

As many of you know, I was fortunate to be part of a group of like minded souls who spent some time in Bruce's company this past weekend. I've known Bruce for a little while now, but this was my first chance to interact with him on a more extended, personal level.

Bruce opened his home, as well as his personal water,  to myself and everyone else who attended. Those of you who have been members of BBG for some time are already aware of his generosity and compassion, but rest assured that it transcends and encompasses far more than what we experience on the pages of this site. I believe it is truly boundless.

And yes, I managed to catch a fish or two. And while I realize that photos are a big part of who, and what we are here at BBG, the simple truth is what I saw and experienced cannot be done adequate justice by any photographic effort. The real message would be lost in a sea of pixels.

My friends, I'm asking all of you to please do something for me. Look around the site here at BBG.....think about what it means to you, about what you've learned from being here, what we've shared, what we've experienced  together.....then, think about who makes it all possible....one guy. Bruce.

Please, if you enjoy BBG, post a reply to Bruce in this thread and let him know it. It doesn't matter if it's a paragraph, a sentence, or just one word.........thanks.

Views: 1609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the great blessing to fish with Bruce at one of the premier fisheries for bluegills...Richmond Mill Lake. Despite the articles, photos and fanfare of it all, there was this great respect and appreciation for him and what he does and how he does it. Clearly, he is a man of passion and love for all things swimming, to include huge bluegills.

This site and his friendship have been a true blessing to me. Thanks, Bruce, for all your hard work and effort for this site and the success of Big Bluegill.Com!

I look forward to the day when we will fish together again.

The feeling is mutual, Jim.  I tell everybody I can what an enthusiastic fisherman you are, and that you're a true gentleman, and that you're a man of God with boundless faith.

You're welcome, Mike.  I'm really glad you participate on this site.  Your add a lot!

Bruce has made it possible for us all to know one another a little. It's been a great experience since I saw the link in IN-Fisherman magazine and looked into and joined this site in what I think was 2008 or 2009.Since then I have enjoyed everyone's company here daily and have expanded my fishing success and enjoyment .Thanks everyone ,especially you Bruce Condello !

John, you're one of the originals!  Just yesterday I dug up your Christmas music CD.  I can't wait to start playing it again.  You're a good friend.

I second that!

(There's a Christmas CD??)

Fact is Bruce made all of this possible and welcomed us all with open arms. For the most part we are one big happy family, Bruce can't THANK YOU enough for your vision and making it all happen.  I don't think for a minute you thought it would be as big as it is today and still growing strong. Again a well deserved thanks  for a job well done.

Dick.  You, and a few others like you are the heart and soul of this site.  You're always around, you're always adding strong content, and your kindness shows through.  Thank YOU.

Here, here!

Excellent start-up of a small token of appreciation. Without Bruce, there wouldn't be such a glorious site to enjoy. Everyone here is a critical integral part of the big picture, and Bruce gathered the bodies and minds together to create the extravagant canvas that we see before us now. Bruce, kudos.

My good friend, Leo was actually helping me with the most important bluegill project of my life just last night!  What an amazingly generous person.  I don't know where you get the time and energy for all of it. :)  A strong husband and father to your children, yet so generous with the rest of the world.  I should be making a post just to thank YOU for all YOU'VE done!!!

That is the truth! If I had half of Leos energy it'd be something.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service