Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Hey guys i just recieved a comment on my page from somebody named cristina simon. This is probabally some guy over in africa or near there. They  say that they want to be friends and want to talk to me about something, and then give me thier email so we can talk in private. I had this happen to some of my friends and myself on other social sites.They will give you some sob story and then try to hit you up for money, so if you get something like this ignore it. I left the comment on my page in case you want to read it.I cant beleive it now they hitting up fishing websites. See you guys later good fishing to ya.

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you SOOO much for the heads up! The member has been deleted.

Don thank you for the heads up.

Much appreciated. I got three lately :

1. Someone purporting to be AT&T telling me my account would be forfeited if I did  not log in and thus provide them with all my account information immediately.

2. This one was supposedly from YouTube, telling me the same thing. As if I care that YouTube might suspend my account! 

In both of thee they wanted my password, name, SSN and other sensitive info. Hovering my mouse pointer over the link address they provide showed some random address totally unassociated with the supposed source.

3. This time it was a picture of some hot chick in a thong bikini wanting to date with no strings. This one is so lame on so many levels that it is insulting.

But there are people who are not 'internet savvy', even in this day and time. It is too easy for them to be scammed, or be caught unawares by these things. Do some research in preventing email and internet scams, ripoffs and phishing schemes. Information is your best ally in this fight.

Thanks for the reminder.

David, Don't even open those e-mails!!! I did once and turned out it was a virus That I was told was piggybacked into the e-mail!!!! Don't understand it but I do have a more advanced puter now!!!!! Guess it wasn't all bad but I was without a puter and BIGBLUEGILL for about 4 months!!!!! When those e-mails show up in your inbox delete. delete,DELETE!!!!!

@Greg,

Thanks for your concern. One of the benefits I’ve found after years of internet usage, both at work and personally, is a keen eye for a hustle. While no one is bullet proof, I’ve gotten very good at scanning my email for the crap and junk that appears.

Somepeople prefer to let a spam filtering program do this. But, me, I don’t like that simply because I want to do the filtering myself – not some random computer program. I can scan and delete my daily email in less than 30 seconds, getting to the important stuff by the end of that time. The good part of this time spent is I learn what to look for and so get ever more savvy. I also keep up with the threats through anti-virus updates that come with my internet security suite.

Using a computer comes with a price – responsibility for your own e-safety. There are more than a few ways to accomplish this, but it is part of the price we pay to enjoy the awesome power that has been given to us. Thanks for bringing this up.

Me too!

Inticing message but I think it is a scam and I deleted.

I'm in the email and web security business, and I'd say it was inevitable that scams like this would show up even on a small site like this eventually. This kind of scam is broadly known as 419, and there are probably more 419ers today than ever, judging by the amount of it I see in my professional capacity.

A good spam filter can filter out most of it, but like David said, there's no substitute for a good eye for this stuff, combined with healthy skepticism.

Jonathan

Ive not received anything like this via BBG, but I get a lot of '419's' through my cycling website, www.bikeforums.com.

I just delete them.

got the same email thanks

i received the email tonight.  as said, always delete if there are any questions.

Awesome. :-)

For once I'll have to say Bruce is wrong - this isn't awesome.

Its better than that! Thanks 2#G!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
15 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
18 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service