Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Be careful of a hot rolling scam (based off a number from Texas number 316-768-4274 or any other state/county), with a heavy accent of a female from an Asian county possibly India. There are various other countries performing this scam, but India and China tend to be the hotbeds.

I got a call indicated I was being investigated by a Federal agency, with my social security being flagged for a full suspension due to various embezzling, drug laundering, a vehicle with a license plate tied to me at a Texas location which has my name tied to it. At this point, it's already tagged as a game for me. The person was being cordial in informing me about the possibility of a warrant for my arrest, and requested various information from me, including my last 4 numbers of my SSN, repeating and emphasizing heavily that my SSN was placed under an investigation with possible Federal's warrant for my arrest. At this time, it's your decision to have fun, or be scammed.

I could literally hear a heavy background of a scam call center set up to sucker people in, similar to the Chinese scam call center. If the person starts asking for your full SSN, your current address (do yourself a favor and spend 1 hour each year removing all your personal identification info off the net), and other personal info about your bank, be extremely weary. I simply stated, "Since you have all my information, please identify my current resident location as a confirmation and I'll provide the rest." The person will start to panic with reply of, "I cannot provide you with the info due to security issue. You need to provide us the info to veri..." The next statement from me will force the person to hang up immediately with, "I am currently tracking your Texas number to the origin of your call center. Do you like for me to wait until I verify your origin of your call?"

* Immediate hang up *

So, be careful with your personal info on social media and various other info easily mined by cyber bots.

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So how do you remove your personal info from the net?

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted photos
24 minutes ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
18 hours ago
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I made a couple up for you. Do you have sinking or floating ants John?"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Great tip for the Tiny Torpedo I've not tried on my go to Smallmouth Bass topwater Bait.…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Us old timers /old schoolers can relate.  Bass Week: Top 5 Old-School Lures that Still…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Great work Dick!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Flying carpenter ant

#6 curved shank hook
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Osprey Taking Flight…..4/14/2024

See dozens of these raptors every time you fish on the Albemarle….
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out behind five days in a row of high wind warnings….washing machine effect on our creeks but grinded out a mess…mix of crappie & bass"
yesterday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"Go get ‘em Tracy……fill up your stringer……."
Saturday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Thank you Jeffrey. Working on tying some different flies."
Saturday
tracy willis commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"thanks Jeff.  theyve colored up this week.  need to get back further in another creek to…"
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Very nice craftsmanship Dick!"
Saturday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"White crappie on the board!, good work Tracy….."
Saturday
tracy willis posted photos