Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I just want to send an open invite to all BBG members! If any of you are in my area at anytime, whether vacationing or just passing through, please let me know. I will always have an open door for any of you guys! That goes for any of the southern crew that is below the "ice-belt"! Nothing to be afraid of, driving on ice is fun and catching gills through a hole in the lake is something you will never forget! I welcome all to Northern Minnesota! See you soon!

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks patrick! you rock! :D
thanx Patrick...will keep that in mind....always wanted to ice-fish. What month is the best up there for ice- fishing?
That would be great! I like trying out different places and meeting new friends. The offer is good to you as well, if you make it down here to North Florida.
KC, anytime from early december through the end of march is good usually. check in here before you head up to make sure we have good ice!
You are all welcome! I'm coming upon my favorite time of the year to fish and this is when I have my best big bull gill action, mid August through late September.
Thats an area I've not been to. Count me in, THANKS ! Just have no idea when...! Have done similar things with bird hunters at my camp in elk co., penn.. Got birdhunters from as far as N.H. to come out and play. Pat, a very nice offer, thanks. steve b
Patrick, I'm in your area once a year, but normally just passin' thru on my way to Canada....in short, I'll be skipping that trip next year and leaning in the direction of a tour of MN....Of course I would have to make a stop in Stillwater and shag a few gills with Doug Rorer on my way north...sometime after we filter your honey hole with spoon probes,(Thank you for the invite Patrick), I'd like to track down John Sikkila in hopes of stressing out one of his oars with a giant gill (I'll bring my tube!)....If I'm not too expired by those 3 rounds of nirvana, I would head south thru Minneapolis and find a way to make Michael Thompson show me his St. Peter skills and teach me how to make a fish pose for the shot.....As I limped homeward, I would contemplate the thought of passing thru New London and pleading Ross Ardoff to show some love at a shot of those gigantor gills from his local haunts.

So many formidable members of BBG reside in MN.....the land of 10,000 lakes.....I only need to fish five.....I'll bring the spoons.....it sure would make good video!

Gentlemen this is all in gest......but would see every moment on the water with you as a golden opportunity!
looks like we will have to have a big bluegill minnesota get together next year when bill is up here!
That would rock!! We should! I have talked to Doug about doing something like that with the Mid-West group awhile ago! Could be something we could plan out of the winter.
Thanks for all the kind offers and words fellas! It would a pleasure to fish with anyone on here! I just told Mod that, one never knows where one will be and what a better way to get to know new friends that through wetting a line for bulls!
Dear Patrick , invitation came just in time , and thanks . Were planning on staying with you now for two weeks , or at least untill my inlaw's witness protection program kicks in. There is seven of them and their dog, he has got a lot of mississippi leg hound in him , so we'll need to catch lots of fish to feed them . If it's ok we'll just camp out in your yard. Thanks again , you ROCK, We just pointed the Winnabago your way , see you soon , I know we will catch lots of fish.
Us southern fishing people are too delicate for Minnesota, I personally would freeze to the ice.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service