Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

(requested by Bruce C)

First off.... and this is the kind of messed up part :-( ....the series of cameras I most highly recommend, the Canon A-series, are not being made anymore :-( It's a long story, but in a nutshell (and I learned this from a lot of time on the Canon forums) Canon was losing too many sales of their more expensive cameras, because these cameras did too much, too well, for too little $$$....

However, if you can find one of the following cameras sitting around in a camera shop, unsold.... or on E-bay, new, or like new.... wherever, however.... Snatch it up FAST !

Canon

A620, A630, A640, A650is

The great features off these cameras are;

1) They use AA batts.... so first off, you can (and should) use rechargeable NiMH batts, which are easy to come by, and last a LONG time + you can / should always carry a set of old school alkalines, which have a REALLY long shelf life (10 to 15 years) This way, even if you have not pulled your camera out for many months, you won't need to worry about having juice.

2) These cameras have a flip and twist (articulating) LCD screen, so you can take photos, of yourself and your trophy catch, by yourself, and be able to easily get everything lined up correctly, because it's like looking at your photo, while you take it :-) {this is the feature that most new Canon's have lost)

3) These cameras have a feature called the "C" custom mode. In this mode, you can set up virtually every aspect of your camera... F-stop, exposure, flash, focus distance, etc, etc > ahead of time, and the camera remembers it ! So, you catch a monster ! Your so stoked your shaking.... but no need to fiddle around with your camera settings. Simply turn it on in the "C" mode, and Bam ! It's ready to go ! You can still adjust things, away from your presets (example; brighten or darken) and then either save these new settings, or simply turn the camera off, and back on, and it will revert to the previous settings.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's a few photos I took of myself, by myself.

Hope you can find one of the cameras I mentioned....

Oh ! And BTW, I just ordered an underwater housing for my Canon A630 and A640 ! That should be really fun ! :-) I'll try to get some underwater shots to post here :-)

Peace,
Fish

Views: 82

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, and hey.... In case your just into general / nature photography, here's a link to my Yosemite photos from last week :-)

http://www.trophybassonly.com/id243.htm

Hope you enjoy them.
Peace,
Fish
Great photos, as expected! :-)

So the camera is on a tripod of some sort?
Hey Bruce, yes.... of "any sort" actually :-) The cameras I listed are all pretty light little point and shoots, so even a little $19.95 type from Wally World will work just fine.

Oh BTW, here's a shot of my Pelican case (watertight, airtight, dustproof, shock resistant... I love these cases ;-) I use it for my A640, my A650is, my certified scale, the face plate of my stereo (while on the water) and my two way pager alarm w/keys.... I've rearanged it a little since I took this photo though.

' />

Peace,
Fish
Hey Fish, Awesome photos as always :^) Thanks again for the awesome camera tips!!! I just got an Olympus Stylus Tough-6000 about a week ago (my last series of pics are from it) and it's pretty good!!! Always lookin to upgrade though!!!! Tight Lines!!!!
Hey IceWarrior, right on. Those Oly Stylus' cameras get good reviews too. To be honest, any medium to upper priced digi-cams, from any of the big names (Canon, Oly, Nikon, Fuji) nowadays are ALL really nice, capable cameras.

I've just been really stuck on my Canon A-series because of the things I discussed in my first post.....

But in reality... especially if self-taken shots are not that important, like I say, their are a whole bunch of really nice digi-cams out there. Are we spoiled with technology, or what ? :-)

Peace,
Fish

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
18 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
18 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
18 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
18 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service