Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Been looking at TFO offering a combination fly /spin 6'0 med flex rod was wondering if anyone has any experience with this combo rod, I've handled combination rods b4 but they didn't feel like a fly rod or spinning rod, understand it was built on a blank developed by Joe Robinson who wrote piscatorial absurdities ...pretty interesting phylosphy on panfishing different thinking to say the least ....

Views: 972

Replies to This Discussion

Slip, nice story, good read, my interest in combination rods is just that, having the ability or opinion if you may to quickly switch from spinning to fly, I usually carry my stuff in an Orvis sling pack which rides on my back, an extra reel and a couple of fly or lure boxes doesn't present a weight problem at all, but bottom line I want the best of both worlds and nothing worse than casting any rod that doesn't load properly, my understanding is this TFO combo should accomplish this end, we shall see, stay tuned rod should arrive any day ..

Paul

looking forward to your review Paul...

After rereading my previous post I stood back and said wow I sound like a bitter old man that hates fly fishing… I really didn’t intend for it to read like that…I own 3 setups and really got into it a few years ago and realized it was making my chronic neck/shoulder and arm pain intensify so I had to back down. I got so hooked on fly fishing that I wanted to use it for everything including drop shotting… lol

Once in awhile ill take the fly rods out on the lawn and throw it around a bit so I went downstairs and took one out of storage and immediately noticed spin guides on the Eagle Claw power light rod. I'm going to tape a spinning reel on to this one later today and give a review on the set up… what this rod has going for it is the guides as mentioned previously and it is IM-7 graphite composite.

hope your new rig works out for you.

Ken, you are the farthest thing from a bitter old man, you are full of good useful information regarding all types of fishing, I always look forward to your posts, I'm like a kid waiting for his present with the new rod, I've read everything I can find out about it ..got a fly reel and spinning reel just waiting to be attached to it ...I read Joe Robinsons writings again on thread lining, wild stuff fishing and
casting lines that light ...like a eyelash, that tiny for sure ......
Paul

RSS

Latest Activity

Troy Dorman posted a photo
11 hours ago
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Lure Histories in the group Lure History
"This year my old Rattle Traps have been catching again in the 3",1/2 oz, and 3,5",3/4oz…"
19 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"The Rattle Traps over the windy flats have called Fish up and done well. 2 mid sized and two…"
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far.  "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
"Here are some Classic Baits I've thrown this Year (2024) so far. "
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Tracy."
Thursday
tracy willis commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Wednesday
tracy willis commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"toad!!"
Wednesday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Big rubber soider

Prototype of a big rubber spider 3x3" with a #4 2xl hook.
Wednesday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Thanks, Jeff! Yes, he's soon to be 16!"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"Ah! That's the Mustache!"
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0180

"This is the one I caught the perch on. Mushtache Minnow."
Wednesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"John, it's a mess but as soon as the mustache minnow gets wet it takes on the looks of a…"
Wednesday
John Sheehan commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Yeah, growing some Slab Perch there Dick! A mustache?"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."